Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    charl89 Posts: 64, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2009, 03:22 PM
    Pains in wrist
    Hi all day I have been having shooting pains through my wrist into my hand. It stops me from doing anything, like when I was holding a folder I dropped it because I couldn't take any grip on it. Does anyone know what is causing it and also if it is serious.
    Thanks
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jan 27, 2009, 04:03 PM

Not a doctor, but stayed at a Holiday Inn,
    Repetitive action using the hands/wrist can cause pain, Corpal tunnel syndrome is usually worse case? Some Keyboards are Ergonomic? That make it more comfortable for long use. I am an Electrical/Electronics Troubleshooter, I would wait for other replys.
    Good Luck
    Is it your mouse hand? Or both hands, and you do a lot of typing?
    FlyYakker Posts: 378, Reputation: 41

Jan 27, 2009, 07:28 PM

Not a doctor either, but Carpal tunnel sounds right. Get to a doctor and get the right treatment.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 27, 2009, 08:21 PM
    Do you text a lot? Sounds like carpal tunnel to me too.
    charl89 Posts: 64, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2009, 04:43 PM

Well I do work in an office but I don't type loads, and when I text I use my other hand. I have put a wrist support on,but I wouldn't say it has done much, Probably going to go to the doc, just to be safe.
    Thanks everyone.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2009, 05:08 AM

Good Luck.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2009, 07:15 AM

Yeah, go to the doc. From someone who deals with recurring wrist pain, definitely go.

I was in a car accident and the doc said (after months of therapy), that I was developing arthritis in the wrist and gave me a cortizone shot. Yuck.

It could be carpal tunnel, it could be a result of sleeping on it funny, it could be a hyper-extension... go to the doc for an x-ray to be safe. :)

Best of luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you get bigger wrist muscles ? [ 2 Answers ]

I am 17 years old, I have skinny wrists and I do karate. I hurt my wrist each time I spar with a punch bag. I thought getting large muscles in my wrists would improve this. How can I get bigger wrist muscles? :cool:

Cutting of the wrist [ 10 Answers ]

I've tried to stop cutting. I can't. So how can I keep going without anybody noticing?:(

Cheerleading is killing my wrist! [ 13 Answers ]

Personally I don't know what's wrong with it But gradually my wrist started to get worse and worse To where it's reached constant pain, And at practice it gets to where its so painful I can't help but cry? And like for real I'm use to pain I was a competitive gymnast and suffered through some...

Jordans wrist tattoo. [ 1 Answers ]

Does anybody no where I can see a desent pic of jordans new wrist tattoo? Thanks

How can I build my wrist muscle without going gym. [ 3 Answers ]

How can I build up my muscles without going gym.I searched about it lot in internet but nothing helps me.I am 17yrs old now my wrist are thin I want to build it so help me tell me the natural exercise.

View more questions Search