ercdcarson Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2006, 07:20 AM
    Eating shrimp
    How should you eat shrimp with tails on in public
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2006, 07:24 AM
    When in Rome do as the Romans...

I don't know of anyone who doesn't just pick them up by the tail.

If you are concerned, the best thing to do is wait a moment to see how your hosts, or others, eat them.
    Here_To_Help- Jon Posts: 97, Reputation: 26

Aug 5, 2006, 07:41 AM
    Here is my take - when served in a shrimp cocktail - pick them up by the tail and eat. If they are served on any kind of
    Plate like scampi - use a knife and fork excpetion being: If it is like BBQ shrimp served in New Orleans - where they come with tails AND heads - and you are given a bib - then you go at with BOTH hands. Enjoy.!
    dxviii Posts: 39, Reputation: 4

Aug 5, 2006, 07:04 PM
    *drools*

I would just pig out... LoL
    jgj6331 Posts: 153, Reputation: 19

Sep 24, 2006, 06:19 PM
    The real trick is to pinch the base of the tail as you are pulling the shrimp out with your lips so that you get every last morsel of that tasty crustacean...
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2006, 07:29 PM
    I always grab mine by the tail and eat it that way, continuing to hold the tail until that's all that's left. Then put the tail off to the side of your plate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Eating [ 16 Answers ]

Hi today I went to school and had like some crisps from one of my mates because I was hungry - that was at break - then at lunch I wasn't hungry at all. I haven't eaten since Tuesday night because yesterday I was just not hungry and then at dinner/tea etc time I had pizza but it made me feel sick...

Dog Not Eating [ 7 Answers ]

I have a 10 month old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, he is a picky eater, we feed him chicken with veggies and white rice. He is spoiled and given table scraps sometimes. Lately he has refused even the table food and only eats some when he is hand fed, then walks away. However, he has energy and...

My dog is not eating at all... [ 1 Answers ]

We just rescued and german shepherd from the animal shelter. She is very big, but only weighs 64lbs, she is also just a little over 1yr old. We are worried of malnutrition and her being under-weight. So, we got her some dry food for puppies high in protein content. But she refuses to eat it. She...

Lab not eating! [ 1 Answers ]

I read all the posts about dogs not eating and couldn't find anything about Labs not eating. I was told a couple years ago by someone that Labs have no "full" sensor and will eat themselves to death if you leave food out. Well my Yellow Lab is 2 years old and is in perfect health that I know of. My...

Northern shrimp (pandalus borealis) [ 2 Answers ]

Do northern shrimp visit the Maine Coast to lay eggs?

View more questions Search