Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    orient8195 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2009, 12:12 PM
    No water in hot or cold bathroom sink after flushing my gas hot water heater
    Thank you. I flushed my hot water heater last night. I only turned the cold water intake to the heater off and on BUT now, after the flush, my second floor bathroom sink faucets (both hot and cold) don't work at all. The shower and the tub in the bathroom work but NOT the sink- HELP! Thanks so much, andrew
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2009, 12:28 PM

Remove the Aerator at the end of the spout CLOCKWISE to remove.
    While the aerator is out run hot and cold water to clear the lines of any remaining sediment. If pressure/volume of water is poor without the aerator in place then issue is below at the cartridge or at the shutoffs below. If the pressure/Volume is good then clean the aerator of any sediment and
    Re-install the aerator. If flow is good, you're OK. If not then you need to replace the aerator, see the image below, Thanks.

John
    Attached Images

orient8195 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2009, 12:38 PM

Thanks for your quick reply. These are old faucets and do not have aerators. The plumbing below the faucets only consist of a dial shutoff valve and that's it. I've opened and closed the shutoff dial with no success. I'm not sure about cartridges nor do I know where they might be as all that is visible is the shutoff valve and the pipes. In advance, thanks for your help- andrew
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2009, 01:03 PM

You may have debris inside your faucet, if you tell me a little more, is your faucet a single handle two handle has a sprayer,the brand and the model number,or a picture of the faucet and a picture of the dial shut off valve.

The cartridge is inside the faucet and can be removed from the top, if answer my question I will walk you trough how to remove the cartridge, Thanks.

John
    crazyred67 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2011, 10:39 AM
    Try removing hoses from under sink, and flush out into ab bucket a lot of times water bibs or shut offs get clogged with little rocks and other debirs.
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2011, 11:30 PM

Hello Crazyred,

Welcome to the plumbing website, you responde to a two years old thread I believe it is closed by now, Thanks.

John

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low Cold Water Pressure in Bathroom Sink, Hot works fine. [ 2 Answers ]

I have read many of the threads regarding low cold water pressure, but haven't yet found one that specifically applies to the bathroom sink. The house was built in the early 1900's, but was renovated in 2005 so it has copper pipes which cant' be much more than 2 or 3 years. The sink has separate...

Low water pressure in sink after flushing h.w. Heater [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, My husband and I just purchased a home last week. Last night, my husband flushed the hot water heater. After that, the hot and cold water pressure in the bathroom sink was all but a trickle. At one point, a little rusty water came out of the sink. All other faucets in the house are...

No running COLD water upstairs in bathroom sink/bath [ 1 Answers ]

I have NO cold running water coming out of bathroom taps . The hot is running fine. This just happened all of a sudden with no cause I can think of. I have both cold and hot water downstairs running fine. The bathroom is upstairs. Can you help me Thanks .

Smell coming from cold water in sink and bathroom [ 2 Answers ]

Help! I have spent a lot of money on my plumbing problem and still don't have an answer. We added a 2bedroom 1 bath addition onto our house. About a month after we started using the addition we began to have a sewer smell coming from the cold water. We removed alloy rod from water heater just in...

Cold water in bathroom sink lacks pressure [ 3 Answers ]

No other outputs affected. Recently, had sprinkler system put in. They cut main line and patched it. At first, lots of muddy water was coming out of sink, toilet and shower. Then all water stopped. They found the debris in the pipe and cleaned it out. All worked well, but now my cold water...

View more questions Search