Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2009, 09:39 AM
    Just got married don't know what to put on W-4
    Hi I just married and I am not sure how to fill out my W-4. I don't want to make it so more taxes are being taken out of my check. But I don't want to mess up and take too little out of my check. My wife and I do not have any children and we both make more then $40,000 per year. Any information would be helpful. Thanks!
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jan 27, 2009, 10:23 AM

The instructions on the W-4 form should walk you through the process for determining how many allowances to claim. Factors such as whether you plan to itemize and whether both you and your wife work can affect the number. See: http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw4.pdf

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to win the heart of a married man.who said he wasn't married anymore. [ 21 Answers ]

I hope someone can help. I met this man and he swept me off my feet.I have not been on a date in 2 years. The night I met him we stayed together until 4:30 in the morning. On the dance floor we started kissing, I never did that in my life. He asked me to go out with him on the following wed...

Can I refile my taxes from Married to married filing separtly [ 1 Answers ]

Hi My husband owes taxes and we have been filing taxes Married/Jointly. But Since he owes we won't get the rebate. After I filed our 2007 taxes (I did myself) I wondered if I could have filed Married/filing separately Can I go back and refile again with Married/filing separately. We have kids. So...

I cannot answer this one for certain. (married/previously married folks may help) [ 3 Answers ]

My old college roommate asked me to weigh in on his girlfriend's angst. His girlfriends ex-husband remarried and he says she's been a bit "off" since for weeks. I said it was normal since she has kids with her Ex and now they have a new family for her to deal with etc... Anyway, he thinks...

View more questions Search