Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeffatl Posts: 489, Reputation: 83

Aug 5, 2006, 02:58 AM
    Learned something VERY important tonight...
    Im back... for now, but I learned something that I thought was pretty cool tonight... so I thought I would share. Driving home tonight I was albe to listen to a band that I thought I would NEVER be able to listen to again and ENJOY because of my EX... and I LOVED them again for the 1st time! It was my birthday today, and I had a REALLY fun time! I went out with my friends, and the girl that I have been crushing on showed up with one of her friends (the one that blew me off.. Cali girl). This was the first time I have seen her since the whole "message BS" and I didn't really care! The coolsets thing was seeing HER as the one that was F'ed up over the whole sisuation, and me realizing everything is totally cool! She came out to see ME on MY birthday... and though I was happy to see her and TOLD her that... I still kind of brushed her off... and needless to say... she called me a TON after I left... I couldn't believe it! Now... Im not saying that I am going to go back into the same situation that I was in with this girl before, but I realized that it is sooooooo much easier NOT to try that TO try with women... and I guess it never "clicked" until now! I guess I never really got the "less is more" thing, but I totally get it now! It doesn't mean be a jerk... and it doesn't mean avoid... it just means, be a challenge to get at. I told this girl NOT to wear a certain perfume tonight because it drives me CRAZY... and she did... but I said nothing about it, and she called me asking me if I noticed! BAH! I never got it until now, and I don't think its something it is something that can be taught! I don't know, I guess its kind of hard to explain how to do this without making it totally obvious that your doing it... but I guess its more of a "state of mind". It's a totally different thing to "act" like you are being a challenge than to "know" how to be a challenge, and I guess that comes with not placing so much importance on "getting the girl", like they can almost smell it! As much as I thought I was being unavailable... she almost knew I was gunning for her! Now that I am over the BS, she can't leave me alone! Sooooooooo much different, and I guess I never got that part of it. I guess I learned that liking someone is OK, but don't make them a priority in life because sh#t... there not... they are just someone you LIKE, and that doenst mean you can't LIKE more than one person at a time! Ive been seeing another girl since the last, and now that I don't place as much importance on one or the other, it really helps me keep my head clear or the "relationship" factor with either girl, and just have fun with them! The thing that never hit me until tonight is how my EX came running back pretty much as soon as I STOPPED trying to "win her over"... and that's what's happening with girl#2 now! I left her Completely alone for about 3 days, and she started calling again. Now, I just let her do the contacting... so far... iI am starting to see how I thought... and its NOT to attractive... Just thought I would share a good thing that has hit me in the past week! Im proud... of ME!. first time in a WHILE!:cool:
    aqua@home Posts: 565, Reputation: 107

Aug 5, 2006, 08:13 AM
    Hey Jeff, it sounds like you are doing great. Keep up the cool and take care.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 5, 2006, 11:09 AM
    Wouldn't it be great to just know how to do stuff and not go through the learning process? Don't make a new acquaintance more important than your own life. You come first so just go slow, real slow. Very slow,Slow, slow.
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2006, 11:27 AM
    That's awesome, Jeff! It sounds like you're doing well. Listen to talaniman about taking it slow. VERY important advice!
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2006, 12:07 PM
    That's great Jeff. Make them chase you.

Less is more - ALWAYS.

They are only part of your life - not your life!!

Be busy doing other stuff.

People WANT what they can't have - always!! Never completely surrender!! Never be always available!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I saw my girlfriend's man with another woman tonight [ 13 Answers ]

My new boyfriend called me at work today and told me that he wanted to take me to dinner at this restaurant in Manhattan, New York. I had a hectic day at work and I was looking forward to a romantic dinner with my boyfriend. I was thinking of what to wear for the date, but my co-workers paid me a...

I saw my ex tonight... [ 10 Answers ]

I went to tgi fridays and it was one that was not the one me and my ex used to go to and it's a little far from his house. I was with my friends and all of sudden I saw his friends and then he walks in! My initial reaction was to flip out! I just got up and moved to the end of the table. I don't...

Lesson learned [ 3 Answers ]

Many of you that ever read my posts know I used to work with the Justice Dept in a position that was classified Law Enforcement, and work for years within the State of GA as a POST cetified law enforcement officer. Well I had never in all my years ever actually used my own "mace" pepper spray. ...

Got the chance to hang out with a girl that I think is AMAZING tonight! [ 2 Answers ]

I know, I know... I am a total flirt right now, and it seems that I find myself getting in CRAZY situations with new girls almost weekly now! HAHAHA! This is NOT a relationship type story, but I got the chance to hang out with a girl that I have always thought is BEAUTIFULL!! Tonight... She is...

Attn:oldskoolpartykidz: its going to be a fine night tonight... help me find this! [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all.....this would be my fiirst post to this site. any tips are welcomed....okay....so here it goes.....i have a cd which is from back in my party stompin days, and has this lovely little song on it. every time i hear it i can just see in my mind, my friend twigGy doing a beautiful dance. the...

View more questions Search