Jan 27, 2009, 05:41 AM
    Divorce in Georgia
    Can you run a divorce in the paper and it be legal
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 27, 2009, 06:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kcfavors View Post
    can you run a divorce in the paper and it be legal

If all other attempts to contact the other person have failed, yes, you can serve by publication but only certain newspapers are legally recognized.

In some States you need a Court Order to serve by publication following proof that all other avenues (including hiring a private investigator) have failed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Non-resident Georgia taxes, working within Georgia [ 3 Answers ]

I have been working in Georgia, for a Georgia based company, for the past 22 years while living in Florida. I have had Georgia tax taken out of my salary all this time. I have filed Georgia Income Tax and filled out the schedule for "Non-residents" every year. It indicates that I must pay the tax...

Filing 4 divorce but reconcile then divorce @ a later time - dividing the property [ 18 Answers ]

I never heard of this before but my friend filed for divorce in 89 but reconciled a few months later. Flash forward 20 yrs & she decides to divorce him again. She went back for the kids & tried to make it work. However, when she went 4 this divorce she was told that they could divide the property...

Georgia Taxes [ 1 Answers ]

Employee lives in Georgia and works in Florida. Should employer pay suta/futa?

Georgia law [ 1 Answers ]

Can part time teacher collect unempolyment compensation between school terms? Can an professional athletes receive unemployment compensation? Are aliens covered by the umemployment compensation law? Are benefits payable to a female during pregency?

View more questions Search