Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mrs2b Posts: 57, Reputation: -3

Jan 27, 2009, 02:09 AM
    Diet and exercise
    I weigh 60 kilos and I want to weigh at least 52 kilos by end of June... I'm also 5ft 4.

Im not a person that can hold down a diet...
    But I am going to start to exercise - power walking - 3 times a week for 1 hr.

And cut down to carbs and munchies...

Is what I'm after achievable?

Thanks

Jan 27, 2009, 08:19 AM

Can anyone tell me please whether my regime will work?

Jan 28, 2009, 08:22 AM
    Food and exercise
    I weigh 60 kilos and I want to weigh at least 52 kilos by end of June... I'm also 5ft 4.

Im not a person that can hold down a diet...
    But I am going to start to exercise - power walking - 3 times a week for 1 hr.

And cut down to carbs and munchies...

Is what I'm after achievable?

Thanks
    linnealand Posts: 1,088, Reputation: 216
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2009, 11:25 AM

Definitely 100% achievable. In fact, you might even find yourself hitting your goal before June. What I really liked about your post is that you're looking at a long term plan.

Still, you need to keep in mind that 60 kilos is a healthy weight for your height. 52 kilos would be fine, but it would start heading toward the low side. Of course, it could also be just right. It depends a lot on your body type and bone structure. Just out of curiosity, how old are you?

I honestly don't believe in diets. I do believe in having a healthy attitude about your body, good food and exercise.

Here are some tips that I recommend across the board.

1. drink lots water. No matter what else you do, if you're not drinking a lot of water, you won't lose weight.

2. cook and eat at home. This way you really know and control what's going into your body.

3. throw the butter out. Use high quality extra virgin olive oil, and don't be afraid of it. It's good for you. Your body needs healthy fats.

4. fill up on fruits and veggies.

5. reconsider what appropriate portion sizes really are.

6. green tea is great for detox.

7. no fake prepackaged foods, even if they say diet or low fat. They're full of garbage that doesn't metabolize in a normal, fast and natural way.

8. enjoy what you're eating! Feeling satisfied will keep you in a good mood. Also, if you don't like what you're eating, you'll be more apt to make excuses later to eat something else.

9. grilled or roasted lean meats, fish and veggies are delicious and lean. They're also fast and easy ways to prep great meals.

10. No pre-bottled salad dressings. Make them at home with an olive oil base and lemon juice or a good vinegar as the acid. Experiment! Have fun with it.

11. Get plenty of sleep. You'll be less likely to overeat as your body searches for extra energy from extra food.

12. Treat yourself like a queen! The more you feel good about yourself, the more care you'll take in maintaining your body.

Hang in there! You can definitely do it. Good luck! Let us know how it goes!
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2009, 01:31 PM

Yes... it's very doable. Start slow and build your intensity over time. Once you have a routine going, mix it up once in awhile. Good idea to pick up the pace for a few minutes than slow it down a bit and so on.
    Change the location where you walk now and then so you don't get bored. Walk with music or a friend. The key is to keep going. You may find that after awhile, and you are feeling more energetic, that you might try other activities as well.
    Watch what you eat, but also how much you eat. Eat smaller portions, but still enjoy the foods you like in moderation. Make sure the good foods out number the "goodies". If you get off track, and you might... that's OK, just get right back on the next day.
    As you see a change in your body's shape, you may decide you are happy with it before you even get to 52 kilos and decide just to maintain somewhere between.

Jan 30, 2009, 01:30 AM

Im going to be 30 next Mon...
    I feel I'm getting on the chubby side.. esp my stomach and tighes..

Thanks for your input...

Jan 30, 2009, 01:34 AM

Thanks.
    I see you're the pregnancy expert... I want to get fit and healthy not only to lose weight as I want to start a family.
    We are thinking of starting to try end of Aug this year.

My partner and I have been together for 10 yrs and were the couple that liked to party and drink booze and we smoked a lot also...

We now cut down on booze. My partner stopped smoking and I have really cut down and I want to stop...

Any tips to help conceive quick?

Jan 30, 2009, 01:34 AM
    Oh I'm taking daily vitamins and minerals tablets...
    What about folic acid, when I should taking it?
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2009, 03:36 AM

If you are taking a multivitamin, odds are it has folic acid (at least 400 mcg) in it. It is generally recommended to be taking the folic acid for a few months before you conceive, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to be on it now. Pregnancies don't always happen when planned, so taking folic acid is important for any woman who could become pregnant.
    You are smart to work at getting into shape before becoming pregnant. You and your partner can eat well, avoid things you know are not helpful to you, and get regular exercise. A good multivitamin may be wise for him to be taking as well. Fantastic that he quit smoking... keep working on it for yourself as well.
    You may find it helpful to see your doctor for a preconception visit... go over your health history, discuss anything that may need to be done differently that is unique to you, etc..
    Learn about ways to determine when you are most likely to be ovulating... get to know your monthly cycle.

Jan 30, 2009, 03:43 AM

Thanks...
    We are both taking forceval.. have u heard of them?

How long does it usually take to fall pregnant first time?
    I am 30 and he is 33
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2009, 03:54 AM

Forceval is fine, it has the 400 mcg of folic acid. When you become pregnant, your midwife may suggest something else, like Pregnacare, or she may say the Forceval is fine as well.

It can take a healthy couple a year or so to fall pregnant, but most will within the first year. Some couples are fortunate and it happens within the first couple of months of trying, others find it can take a fair amount of time. Your gp won't likely be concerned until you have been actively trying for at least a year. Fingers crossed it happens quickly for you when you are ready!

Jan 30, 2009, 03:57 AM

Thank you :)

Jan 30, 2009, 03:58 AM
    Sometimes I worry it will take long as usually couples who plan these things end up waiting ages to fall pregnant. Then u find couples who aren't trying and it happens immeditaley.. why is that?
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2009, 04:02 AM

Part luck... there are a number of factors that go into becoming pregnant but we focus a great deal on timing. That is just one part of it. Everything else has to be just so in order for a successful pregnancy to occur. This is part of the reason it can take awhile, even with good timing.

Jan 30, 2009, 04:09 AM

I am starting to understand and realise when I'm ovualating which I'm sure will help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can Diet Coke/Diet Pepsi ruined your diet? [ 17 Answers ]

Hello, Iam Writing To You Because Iam One Of Those People That Have Been Trying To Lose Some Pounds.. I Have Been Cutting Off The Sweets, Fatting And Anything Else That Gains Weight.. I Also Have Been Doing Exercise.. my Only Question Is If Diet Coke Gains Weight Even Though If Its Diet?. My...

No time to diet or exercise. [ 23 Answers ]

What are some suggestions for losing weight for someone that works 10-19 hours a day?

What is the best exercise? [ 1 Answers ]

I have the Natalie Cassidy then and now workout video and it is really good. I used it for two days along with walking my dog for an hour on both days and the result for just them two days is astonishing. But what I want to know is do you know of any easy exercises to do that will help with getting...

Exercise help [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have two problem spots on my body my stomach and my legs. I would like to get my legs toned and have a somewhat flat stomach. Is there any specific exercises that could move the process along faster. Thanks Brit

Name of exercise [ 6 Answers ]

What is the name of this exercise. I think it is used in football where you start standing up then go to your knees and then to the pushup position. Then you stand up. I'm hoping I explained this correctly. Is it a core exercise or what?

View more questions Search