Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Aug 4, 2006, 07:56 PM
    Nesting Bald Eagles
    Kennedy Space Center Eagles

KSC has quite a few pairs of nesting Bald Eagles. The most famous is a pair that return every year to nest in a pine tree about half way between the Vehicle Assembly Building (a massively huge structure) and Kennedy Parkway. Every year the KSC photography contractor is employed to mount cameras in the tree before their arrival to try and film them raising their eaglets. Some of the cameras are motion activated and others are remotely activated by personnel usually sitting in a van hundreds of yards away. These are some of their most recent photographs that I thought were stunning.
    Attached Images

Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Aug 4, 2006, 09:01 PM
    Hi Val. Those are great! I had one fly over me a couple of weeks back while out for a hike in the early evening. Sightings aren't real common in my part of CT though, particularly at this time of year. :)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 5, 2006, 04:47 AM
    Absolutely beautiful Val!!

We get the eagles here, at Reelfoot Lake, during the winter. They are truly majestic creatures.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chihuahua with Seasonal Bald Spots [ 3 Answers ]

I have an 11 year old male AKC registered Chihuahua. He is in excellent health, has 2 standard vet visits a year (1 for his booster shots, and 1 for renewal of his heart worm chews). He has had the same vet since he was 1 year old. Every year around mid-September to Early October he develops...

Daschund with bald spots [ 11 Answers ]

I have a daschund who is 1 year and about 7 months. He is very eager and friendly and in really good shape. I switched him from Iams to Nutro a while ago, and the dandruff he used to have has completely gone away because his skin is of course better moistened. But just recently, I have begun to...

Nesting IF functions and formulas [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, am a newby to this forum and have a problem. Am working on a payroll spreadsheet for a friend's business using If functions and have exceeded the seven it allows so am trying to break it out into formulas-which have forgotten how to do. Can somebody help? Thank you. scakya

Bald cat [ 1 Answers ]

My 1.5 yo outside cat has just recently started getting big mats of hair around neck and they are falling out. The cats neck is going bald. It seems to be the only place. Any ideas? Is my other cat in danger? How about my border collies? The cats live in the barn but have good food and good beds....

View more questions Search