Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    majitha Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2009, 09:58 PM
    Best site for work from home without investment
    Hello,
    Can you tell me a genuine site for doing some kind of data entry or typing job from home without any investment?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 27, 2009, 04:52 AM
    Hi, majitha!

Basically, most of the sites out there are scams. There might possibly be ways to make money by typing from home via using the Internet, but it would depend on what your particular typing skills are. So, it would help to know what specific skills you do have, as far as typing is concerned.

Also, what sort of education, training, skills and interests do you already have? Are you looking for full-time or just part-time work, please?

You did ask about working from home in the title of your question. Most of the things that I do for a living are what I would consider to be home-based or work-at-home. But, they are pretty skill-specific types of disciplines.

Thanks!

Jan 27, 2009, 09:22 PM

Hi clough,
    Tahnx for the quick response. I'm basically a software graduate but due to lapse in knowledge for the past 7 years, itz very difficult to get it back. Now I can't do any full time work from home as I've to look after my kids and husband.
    I'm very good in typing , so I'm looking for a part time data entry or data collection kind of job. I'm good in collecting data from different sites if I'm given some clues.
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2009, 01:06 AM
    Hi again, majitha!

Can you type what someone has recorded for dictation, such as from an attorney or type medical transcriptions?

Thanks!

Jan 28, 2009, 04:20 AM
    Hi again,
    Yes I can. I can type whatever kind of data it is.
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2009, 04:47 AM

I believe you that you can type whatever type of data there is. Have you had any formal training in typing what someone has dictated or in medical transcription, please?

Thanks!

Jan 28, 2009, 05:02 AM
    No,I don't have such experience. But I've confidence in myself.

Jan 28, 2009, 05:04 AM

No,I don't have any such training,but I've the confidence that I can do it
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2009, 04:10 AM

You can look in your local newspapers for typing or data entry jobs that might be available. However, you're going to have a lot of competition from those who do already have experience that are also looking for those jobs.

If you go to a job service or temp agency of some kind, I think that a lot of them have tests that they can administer to you to see specifically what your skills are in typing and word processing of various kinds. Job services or employment agencies will also frequently have listings of jobs available that aren't listed in the local news media. It would be worth your while to check those things out.

I've done that. Got too low of a score on 10-key to be considered for positions through the temp agency. Learned online for free and excelled that for which they expected to be considered for positions.

My recommendation, is that you go to a temp agency or job service and get tested so that you can at least have some documentation that will prove the level of the skills that you have. You could also discuss with them the possible jobs in which they might be able to place you that will fit your schedule. If you speak with them, it might even be possible that there is a place that is looking for someone who can work from home.

You've mentioned only typing and data collection as far as the things that you can do. I did ask you in a previous post about skills and interests. There is more than one way to start to make a living from home. So, please let your mind run a little wild here as far as what you might be able to do for people from home.

I.e. child care, baby sitting, tutoring, crafts, sewing, etc. I don't really know that other skills and interests that you have. So, if you could list some things, that would be helpful.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Piecework at home/ Packaging work at home or crafts work [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm looking for a part time job as due to my GCSE I will have 3 months off after them, and I have heard of piecework which I am interested in, however I don't know what to serach for who to contact can someone help me out please as I would appreciate it. Could you please list a few manufacturers...

HOME Investment [ 1 Answers ]

I invested 200k in the purchase of a home with my brother back in feb.2008 I wired the cash from my bank to the escrow company. He was placed on title I was not. Know do I report this purchase transaction to the IRS not being on the deed? He says he will pay me the cash back with the sale of...

How does this site work  ? [ 2 Answers ]

Please explain , I ask a question , and how do I get the answer . Thank u Joseph21

View more questions Search