Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Berk21 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2009, 06:11 PM
    Figuring out a failure rate
    I have been working on a spread sheet on quality control for telecommunican technicians.
    I am stumped on one or two things. I am trying to get a % of failure according to the work that has successfully completed according to what was QC'd and what failed. Is there such a way? Or formula? And would it be fair to evaluate them on such a equation?

Example:
    Joe completes 25 jobs successfully. Quality control evaluates 32% of that work. Joe fails 5 of that 32%.. What can I base his failure % on?

I have attached the spread sheet to help in the matter... The column I need help with is P (QC failure % by Tech)

I have a feeling I can't do it based on the information provided.

Thanks in advanced

Jan 26, 2009, 06:12 PM
    Sorry I forgot the attachment

Jan 26, 2009, 06:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Berk21 View Post
    I have been working on a spread sheet on quality control for telecommunican technicians.
    I am stumped on one or two things. I am trying to get a % of failure according to the work that has successfully completed according to what was QC'd and what failed. Is there such a way? or formula? And would it be fair to evaluate them on such a equation?

Example:
    Joe completes 25 jobs successfully. Quality control evaluates 32% of that work. Joe fails 5 of that 32%..What can I base his failure % on??

I have attached the spread sheet to help in the matter...The column I need help with is P (QC failure % by Tech)

I have a feeling I can't do it based on the information provided.

Thanks in advanced
    Having problems uploading excel file.
    sveegaard Posts: 13, Reputation: 3

Feb 21, 2010, 08:08 AM

Do you mean:

1) Joe completes 25 jobs successfully.
    2) QC evaluates 8 of the jobs
    3) Joe fails in 5 of the 8 jobs
    ?

Because then I would look at things such as mean and variance to judge if this sample of 8 has 5 failures by chance or if Joe generally fails over half of his jobs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The rate of return on a proposal is less than the rate used in the analysis [ 1 Answers ]

if in evaluating a proposal by use of the net present value method there is an excess of present value over the amount to be invested, the rate of return on the proposal is less than the used in the analysis. true or false

Figuring out fantasy [ 24 Answers ]

OK this fantasy stuff can some one help me with please, I , as you may have read already have so many problems with sex, and its been sugested that I learn to fantasise. Right now comes my problem, what on earth do I do? So I lay back shut my eyes and think? Of what? Hubby? Doing what? What ever it...

Figuring out how much I owe [ 9 Answers ]

I moved this past June from Washington, DC to NYC. I am trying to figure out how much more in taxes I might have to pay, besides what is taken out of my paycheck biweekly. I am a single person with no dependents so I have the standard deductions for a single filer. The first half of the year, I...

I need help with figuring this out [ 3 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, Sorry, this may be kind of long, but advise me if you can. I am a college student (senior) and I met a guy 3 years ago as a freshman. (Yes, we had sex... safe sex of course). I don't really remember why we stopped talking 3 years ago, but I recently saw him on the street....

View more questions Search