Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    powder321 Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Jan 26, 2009, 02:21 PM
    Parsley and your period or abortion
    I heard that if you drink parsley tea it can make your period come early. I am leaving for a vacation in 2 weeks and at that time I am due to get my period. I heard if you drink parsley tea it will stimulate your period to come early, but I also heard that if you are pregnant it can make you abort the fetus. I don't want to drink it if there would be a possibility that I can abort if I would be pregnant. I have been doing some research on it but have not got a gareentee that it would make you abort. I just want to get my period early don't want to be bloated in a bathing suit on the beach. Has anyone heard of this I can't see how a herb used in so many ways can make you miscary if you were pregnant. And does it really make you get your period early?
    jennifer ellen Posts: 55, Reputation: 2

Jan 26, 2009, 02:27 PM

U can get medication from your health care that holds your period off for a while my sister got these for when we always go on holiday just ask your local GP.
    jennifer ellen Posts: 55, Reputation: 2

Jan 26, 2009, 02:27 PM
    If you think you are pregnant then I would do a test before taking them
    powder321 Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Jan 27, 2009, 06:23 AM

This is not the answer to my question... I just want to know if any one has heard anything about parsley tea. If it really makes you get a period and if it induces a miscarage... I am not pregnant and don't want to go to the doctor to take the pill to stop miss my menstration that has horable side effects. Any answers
    babieface85 Posts: 332, Reputation: 24

Jan 28, 2009, 09:35 AM

I found some info online:

Parsley is a mild emmenagogue (an herb which stimulates menstruation), it starts menstruation when pregnancy is not the cause for delay.

For terminating pregnancy, its my opinion will not cause abortion, for a woman with a healthy pregnancy.

Based on what I read I'm not sure if parsly tea can or can't start an early period. The info seems to say if you are late and not pregnant it will stimulate your period.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Jan 28, 2009, 01:13 PM

I think for either of those results you would have to ingest an extreme amount of it.

Most likely, you will not notice any side effects from drinking it.
    Rolly_Pollie Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

Jan 28, 2009, 05:37 PM

Parsley will not abort a healthy pregnancy. If you're worried about bloating, drink lots of water. You're body bloats, because it holds on to water for survival. Hydrate lots, and counteract the bloating side effect.
    justhelping Posts: 10, Reputation: 0

Mar 15, 2012, 01:07 PM
    Great question.. People shouldn't judge you for that but I've done some research on the parsley tea and seen great results.. Many woman don't want to be pregnant and get really worried when they missed their period.. I also seen on the website that it can work even if you're 3weeks late.. All you have to do is buy some fresh parsley from your nearest grocery store.. When you get home boil about 2cups of water while its boiling you can be chopping the parsley and removing the stems.. Than put the parsley leaves in a can or cup and put the boiling water over it and put a top on it so it can steam for about 30minutes.. 2hours is good too.. drink the tea 3times a day but for many it worked hours later or the next day for sure.. hope it works:)Wish you best Luck.. Take care
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2012, 05:42 PM
    Please keep an eye on the dates - this is from 2009. In the event someone comes across it while doing research are you talking about bring on a late period or causing a miscarriage?
    chu-kisss Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2012, 03:45 PM
    I am nearly 3 months late and I've been drinking parsley tea 3 cups a day for the last 2 days but nothing seems to be happening
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2012, 04:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chu-kisss View Post
    i am nearly 3 months late and i've been drinking parsley tea 3 cups a day for the last 2 days but nothing seems to be happening

I wonder why? Possibly because (as had been said) this is an old wives tale and doesn't work.

After 3 months you are not late - you are pregnant. Without making any judgment if you do not want this baby you should do something other than drinking pasley tea because your time to do so is running out.
    Emperess Wenda Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2013, 08:03 PM
    To my level of research parsley helps the urinary track very well
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2013, 08:16 PM
    Interesting but not the question.
    slicksickalex Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2013, 09:12 AM
    I just tried parsley tea. Drank 3 cups in a 6 hour time frame last night. Woke up to slight stains and then urinated blood. I have some slight cramps but nothing to crazy. I came to your thread because I don't know if I should drink more. I was/ am 4 days late today if my period is what's actually taking place. I noticed this thread is old, is anyone more experienced in parsley tea?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No period after an abortion [ 5 Answers ]

I had a surgical abortion done on January 31, 07 and have not had a period (spotting for 3 days). It has been almost 3 months and I am getting scared. I called my doctor and she said everything was fine. She said the same after my 2 week check up. After the procedure and they said I was fine but I...

Still no period after abortion [ 3 Answers ]

If I had THE abortion on May 5, 2006 and I started my birth control pills on that Sunday may 7, 2006 It is now July 1, 2006 shouldn't I have a period by now I am finished with my second pack of pills.today.I took a test like two three days ago but it said negative... what going on

Parsley and abortion [ 4 Answers ]

I found a very weird site that states if you insert parsley into your vagina and drink parsley tea, it can induce a miscarriage. Is that true? Can parsley cause an abortion? Now don't get me wrong, I would never try that. As desperate as I am right now, I know not to mess with things I don't know...

View more questions Search