Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hmrbri Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Jan 26, 2009, 02:00 PM
    Spyware attack alert warning.
    Hi,
    I recently had highspeed hooked up and now I have a "Spyware attack alert" when windows opens.
    I downloaded "super anti spyware" and scaned. It found all spyware(?) and removed them but I still get the "Spyware attack alert" when windows open.
    How do I get rid of the alert.
    Or do I still have the malware?
    Thoughts? Better antispyware recommendations?
    Thanks
    Bri
    starfirefly Posts: 397, Reputation: 33

Jan 26, 2009, 02:01 PM

That's the new scam , it pops up saying you have a virus so you need to download this anti spyware program, but what you actually are downloading is the virus, it happened to me and I had to get my comp formatted
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2009, 02:39 PM

What is exact message you get when it shows up

Jan 26, 2009, 03:32 PM

Here is the window that open right before my desktop opens.

The only way to close it is the task manager.
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2009, 03:54 PM

This seems to be a new one out

Start, run and type msconifg and then the startup tab

-Go down list of checked items and look for anything out of ordinary - If you are not sure what a prgram does that is there, post it here

After checking msconfig, I would recommend downloading and running Malwarebytes, you can use this without having to purchase
    Malwarebytes.org

After that, let it fix what it finds and post back, hopefully this will help
    starfirefly Posts: 397, Reputation: 33

Jan 26, 2009, 03:55 PM

This looks similar to what I had

Jan 28, 2009, 02:30 AM

Solved my problem,
    Running spybot and also found a deliquent file in my start menu.
    Thanks for the fast answers.
    Brian
    basnowdon Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2009, 03:10 AM
    Hi Guys

I have turned on my computer to the same message this morning. I can not seen to access any part of my computer other than explorer.

Could someone help me to get up the start menu?

Thanks all!

Ben
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 28, 2009, 03:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by seahwk83 View Post
    I would recommend downloading and running Malwarebytes, you can use this without having to purchase
    Malwarebytes.org

After that, let it fix what it finds and post back, hopefully this will help
    Go and grab Malwarebytes, this will resolve your issue and no doubt a whole host of others as well.
    basnowdon Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2009, 03:21 AM

Hi...

I have installed a couple of spyware removers and ran scans through these which found spyware and destroyed it but to no avail, the message still comes up and my desktop does not come up... I have installed the malwarebytes and running a scan now, hopefully this may irradicate the problem... will get back to you :-)
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2009, 08:36 AM

Hopefully that will get it

Also check above recommendation about startup menu

What operating system you're running, and its version.

What is the exact text of the error message if possible, this may convey a lot of information.

Jan 28, 2009, 09:28 AM

I found a program in my add/remove list called "start-up scan" with the shield icon.
    Removed it and ran spybot and Regcure. Andnow it seems OK.
    Hope this helps.
    Bri
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2009, 10:27 AM

Sounds like you got it

Jan 28, 2009, 11:34 AM

Cheers!
    kumarkarl Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2009, 07:43 PM

I have Installed spywaredoctor software to remove spyware in my PC. It is dected 36 spyware file. I am trying to delete spyware from my PC it is asking licence key. Idon't have licence key for spywaredoctor6.0. I don't have licence key, could any once provide me the key. Thanks for helping.
    kumarkarl Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2009, 07:44 PM
    I have Installed spywaredoctor software to remove spyware in my PC. It is dected 36 spyware file. I am trying to delete spyware from my PC it is asking licence key. Idon't have licence key for spywaredoctor6.0. I don't have licence key, could any once provide me the key. Thanks for helping.
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2009, 07:47 PM

Spyware doctor is not free, they want you to scan and to fix issues it finds, they want you to pay for it - It will fix issues found, but have to pay for that one

As mentioned earlier in this question, download and run Malwarebytes
    jamesbraken Posts: 157, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2009, 12:24 AM

Try to download and install the avg free anti virus, superanti spyware and malwarebytes from their respective sites.
    Boot your computer in the safe mode and run the scan one by one.
    Reboot the computer in the normal mode and optimize the windows by deleting junk files(temp,%temp%, prefetch). Steps start - run - type temp,prefetch... delete all the files found and optimize the browser.
    You also can check startup entry from msconfig.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New dog Alert! [ 1 Answers ]

OK so I have a big full black german shepard and a yorkie mix. But I'm afraid that my two dogs that I have now will not like the chihuahua puppy that I'm going to get in a few days.:confused:

Update alert [ 5 Answers ]

I keep get a popup with the following"Update Alert" New version is available.Would you you like to download and install."I can click yes or no but nothing happens. How do I get rid of this?

Red alert 2 in lan [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 windows xp pcs , connected together by direct 100Mbps ( no hub or switch ) one of them is the internet gateway I want to play multiplayer with them , what is the setting that I need to do it , and how to do it ?

PurityScan... Spyware or nor Spyware? [ 5 Answers ]

On my computer this screen popped up and it said it was ready to install Purityscan wich I had no intention of installing. Sure it might be a good program, then again it might not be for the simple fact is that somehow it or something put a reg key on my computer. Normally I would know what it's...

Autoruns - spyware question, Delete spyware with "Autoruns", back again [ 3 Answers ]

I am using "autoruns", hoping to get rid of many spyware programs. I am attempting to manually remove some of the spyware (while not connected to internet) startup files along with corresponding registry file using "autoruns" . Problem is when I restart "autoruns" the spyware files have returned. ...

View more questions Search