Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ksatya Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2009, 01:44 PM
    Can you get std with an expired condom?
    Hi everybody ,I need some answers...
    Last year I became sexually active, and before making the big step, I took an std test just to make sure I was healthy , it came out negative.
    So I became sexually active ,and only had one partner ,my boyfriend.

Two months ago I got an UTI ( November 08).. it went away and came back two weeks ago( january09) , and got worse. I checked myself to the emergency room and finally after results they told me I have a PDI( pelvic inflammatory disease) which is a complication of some sexually transmitted disease.( gonnorhea, clamydia)
    I immediately told my boyfriend, so he can check himself up .he went took a test and it appears negatif, he said the doctors told him that an expired condom can give std to a partner and that is how I got the STD.

I do not know what to think about that answer. At the hospital they told me my PID came trough an STD, my boyfriend is the only one I ve never been with.
    Is he telling the truth? Expired condoms can give STDS?

Thankss
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Jan 26, 2009, 01:56 PM

Im no doctor... but that sounds like a total load of xxxx!

How can you get a disease from an old piece of rubber?
    You cant.. what you can get is an STD after one breaks because its old.
    starfirefly Posts: 397, Reputation: 33

Jan 26, 2009, 01:59 PM

First off did you go see him actually get the test done, he could have just told you he did it and never actually went, I would ask him for the letter from the clinic stating he went and got it done, you can't get an std from a condom they are there to help prevent it, I honestly think he's not telling you the whole truth
    ksatya Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2009, 02:11 PM
    You that's what I think too. The thing is he lives 4 hours from me ,and he is an expert in fake documents! Aww MENNN!!
    starfirefly Posts: 397, Reputation: 33

Jan 26, 2009, 02:24 PM

Than I hope until you find out the truth I wouldn't be seeing him any more cause he's putting your heath at risk
    Cinnabar Posts: 113, Reputation: 5

Jan 26, 2009, 09:58 PM

Condoms have an expiration date, just like everything else, for a reason. If it was expired then it is more likely to fail and STD transmission is one of the risks. You aren't getting the STD from the condom itself.

Just ask your boyfriend to see the results.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Using a condom twice [ 13 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I had sex last night using a condom. I ejaculated and pulled out but never took the condom off. We did not have another condom, and we both wanted more. We waited a minute or two and then continued to have sex again. A little while in I thought that the condom felt funny so I...

With/without condom [ 11 Answers ]

So this may be stupid but I prefer to know before I do something. I know that you can get pregnant if you use a condom because it can break etc.. So if the guy tells you to do it without one and tells you that you have to trust him, what does he mean exactly by it?

Sex without a condom [ 1 Answers ]

My botfriend and I have been in a monogomous relationship for the last year. I am on the pill and take it regularly. We also use condoms. My question is, aside from pregnancy risks is it unhealthy to have him inside of me?

Using A Condom Twice? [ 7 Answers ]

I have a burning question! What will happen if a condom is used twice? Can it lead to pregnancy? Although that is not my worry, (at this point) it will not hurt me to know. A couple of nights ago my husband and I were intimate; :p we made the choice in the beginning of our marriage to continue...

View more questions Search