Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beginneratlarge Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2009, 09:47 AM
    Logging on to the web
    Hi, when ever I try to log on to the web the screen just seems to freeze and nothing happens. I then have to press Ctrl Alt Delete to bring up the task manager, click on end now sometimes two or three times before I can stop the process running. Once that is shut down I can the click on the internet explorer icon and usually it will then load up the windows explorer page, has any one out there got an idea of what the problem is?
    Regards the struggling one.
    loopy123 Posts: 63, Reputation: 2

Jan 28, 2009, 04:15 PM
    WHAT SYSTEM ARE YOU USING?? :confused:
    beginneratlarge Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2009, 05:07 AM
    I am using Windows xp pro with Google as my default tool bar.

Jan 29, 2009, 05:37 AM
    I sounds like you are lacking enough ram
    bellboy Posts: 23, Reputation: 3

Jan 30, 2009, 06:42 PM
    Hi,

Maybe Loopy is correct but if your not planing to spend little money on buying memory stick, you can shut down some startup programs. If that doesn't help, maybe you got a spyware installed in your computer.

Feb 9, 2009, 01:28 AM

What on earth is "needkarma talking about. I don't recall anything about yelling and showing frustration
    johndoe99 Posts: 167, Reputation: 21

Feb 9, 2009, 02:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by loopy123 View Post
    What on earth is "needkarma talking about. I don't recall anything about yelling and showing frustration
    Using all Capital Letters/uppercase is considered yelling at another person online, especially when you end it in so many question marks.
    IDEAS Posts: 21, Reputation: 3

Feb 9, 2009, 07:34 AM
    Hey beginneratlarge, if you are using XP and IE7, try this. Right click on your IE Icon and select start without add-ons. If this brings up your internet without the troubles, then you most likely have two issues, ONE: your addons (like the Google toolbar) are taxing your system.

And TWO (Most likely): you have spyware/malware running on your system. There are many products available to help with that... I use and recommend SpyBot Search & Destroy which is free, and readily available Here

If that link doesn't work just go to Free Software Downloads and Reviews - Download.com, enter spybot in the search line and you will see it in the list of results. It's not overly complicated, but, you need to pay attention to it when you install it.

This product has saved me hours working on bogged down or non-responsive systems...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Logging on [ 12 Answers ]

Every time I start my computer a window appears for me to log on. I don't need any longer to put in a password - it just tells me to push ctrl=alt=delete and after that the window disappears and then comes back again and by clicking on it a second time I am logged on. But why do I have to go...

Logging onto laptop [ 3 Answers ]

Forgot my password and can't log on

Msn logging in automatically [ 9 Answers ]

I need to know how to stop it doing so on my laptop

Automatically logging on [ 1 Answers ]

How can I program my W2000 to dialup automatically when I turn on my computer

View more questions Search