Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jennifer ellen Posts: 55, Reputation: 2

Jan 26, 2009, 07:19 AM
    14 month old doesn't sleep
    please can someone help as I am now thredders with the situation

my 14 month old daughter just won't sleep without me
    she was sick a few weeks ago with 4 teeth coming in diorriah and the cold as a result I stayed in her room so when she woke with high temperature I was there asap to cuddle and give medication.

it has now been 3 weeks and I am still sleeping in the bedroom, she seems to wake up half way through the night not in pain just screaming for me as she wants to get into bed with me, I knew from the bigging this was wrong but now I am stuck as she will not sleep without me.

I cannot leave her to cry go back in leave her to cry bla bla bla as she gets herself into fits of crying which leads to her being sick everywhere.
    I have tried everything I need to know how I can make her sleep through the night again and in her own bed as this is just killing my relationship also with my oartner as I'm tired grumpy and just not in the mood to talk anymore due to the lack of sleep.

it takes me on average an hour and a half per night twice a night to get her back to sleep where she will then move like a clock banging her head on the wall for another hour.

I need some advice please help x - her teeth (molars) are not yet through but I know its not them in the night as her cry/cream is not a pain cry.

please help
    molly085 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2009, 12:55 PM
    Hi I used 2 have the same problem myself until I started turning on music in his room every night it works a treat ;)

Jan 26, 2009, 02:04 PM

I have tried that one - she seems to only want me when she wakes I have also done the lights on and off controlled crying in every 5 minutes 10 minutes you name it I've done it
    Thank you for your post though ;)
    starfirefly Posts: 397, Reputation: 33

Jan 26, 2009, 02:08 PM

I was having the same problem and now I give my son a bath before bed every night and after that I put him in his crib and if he crys I let him its hard but sometimes a baby just needs to cry and after a few days he gave up and now I put him in bed a he goes to sleep within a few min

Jan 26, 2009, 02:12 PM
    Nut she screams sooooooooo loud and makes her throut sore which leads to being sick I can't even walk out the room it happens straight away, I have also tried making sure she sleeps on me then putting her back in her cot but no hope she opens her eyes and were bk to stage one again, it's a nightmare.
    I gave her breakfast before bed which I usually don't do so she should be really full so lets see what tonight brings but I think it won't change a her routine is used to getting up. Hmmm
    starfirefly Posts: 397, Reputation: 33

Jan 26, 2009, 02:13 PM

Its hard but you can't give in

Jan 26, 2009, 02:15 PM
    I know I cant
    Thank you for your post

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get my 11 month old to sleep through the night? [ 19 Answers ]

My son is almost 11 months old and he still gets up 1-2 times a night. I am trying to get him to sleep through the night, but he wakes up and WANTS to eat. I have tried just waking and rocking him, but he WILL NOT go back to sleep until he has had something to eat. How do I break this? :)...

3 month old won't sleep anywhere but on me! [ 9 Answers ]

My sister in law has a three month old girl who won't sleep anywhere but on her and so she hasn't had any sleep in so long. She has tried so many things, but nothing seems to work. Do any experienced moms or dads have any ideas?

How do I get me 20 month old to sleep [ 16 Answers ]

Hi I have a 20 month old named Aidan. He has never slept well but it was because he suffered fromc hronic ear infections. Well we got ear tubes and he slept beautifully for about a week. Now he will go to sleep fine and do good for about 3-4 hours but then he wakes up and wants his bottle even if...

Why is it so hard to put my 9 1/2 month old baby to sleep [ 7 Answers ]

I have a 9 1/2 month old baby boy who has been really easy to put to sleep he used to go to sleep on his own then he went through the stage of wanting me to put him to sleep then he got out of that habit and now he just won't do either he only has an hour at 10 in the morning and 1/2 hour at 2 in...

Daughter is two and doesn't sleep through the night? [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter is two years old and wakes up at night every 30 minutes to an hour. I don't know what is wrong every time she wakes up she screams as if she were dying or something. What should I do? What's wrong with her? It is really scaring me cause it has been going on for a month now and it...

View more questions Search