Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    survivorboi Posts: 431, Reputation: 9

Jan 25, 2009, 08:26 PM
    Hiding from paying tax
    I know a lady who owns a cell phone store. But she doesn't sell cell phones, she sells airplane tickets, food, phone cards, and MANY more things I don't know about! I know for sure that she is doing it so she only pays tax once, for the cellphone store. She also sells videos. I'm really mad about it because I don't like seeing people cheat like that! :mad::mad::mad:
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 25, 2009, 08:58 PM
    Hello s:

Gimme her number and I'll call the cops. We'll show her!

excon
    survivorboi Posts: 431, Reputation: 9

Jan 26, 2009, 04:33 PM

Is that okay? I mean, I know that she's doing SOMETHING. Even though it makes me really mad, I'm kind of scared to call the cops. What if it really isn't my business?

And she does sell cellphones and cellphone case and things like that. But that is not her MAIN thing, she sells so many other things too! People could call her and order things! I've even heard that she sells airplane tickets@!!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2009, 06:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by survivorboi View Post
    What if it really isn't my business?
    Hello again, boi:

OH MY GOD! She sells airplane tickets?? She should be ashamed...

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 26, 2009, 07:41 PM

She pays tax on the business, all of the income minus all of the dedctions, There are not separate filings for each product, Walmart does not file separately on garden suppies and food

She would only be filing her one income tax on the entire business ?

She will have state sales taxes.

I don't see what you think they are dong wrong.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 27, 2009, 02:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by survivorboi View Post
    I know a lady who owns a cell phone store. But she doesn't sell cell phones, she sells airplane tickets, food, phone cards, and MANY more things I don't know about! I know for sure that she is doing it so she only pays tax once, for the cellphone store. She also sells videos. I'm really mad about it because I don't like seeing people cheat like that! :mad::mad::mad:

So how do you think she's cheating? Do you think a grocery store pays taxes on each product or their total profit? Same thing. Has she confided her scheme to avoid taxes to you?

Sorry you're mad, mad, mad. Mind your own business is a good motto.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Hiding. Or moving on? [ 1 Answers ]

Ok well to start with I had a job that lasted about 9 months.. and in the last approx. 3 months I asked to do a different job (from stablehand to track rider) as a slight upgrade to what I really wanted to be doing, but still working for the same guy. (Track rider is someone who exercises...

Hiding in a relationship [ 6 Answers ]

I have lied to my boy friend before about a few things and later I have admitted that I have lied to him and I told him the truth.. but I haven't told everything about the truth... is it okay if I ignore a few things in a relationship and keep things to myself?

Hiding forms etc. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Is there any possible way to hide my table form, queries and report to avoid editing? Iwant them not to edit by anybody. Thanks

Is she hiding something [ 1 Answers ]

Me and my friend Raven have... or HAD a really close friend and all of a sudden she just started acting really different. I mean she doesn't really talk to us as much, she doesn't goof off with us anymore, she doesn't even laugh at anything funny we do. We really feel like she is hiding something...

8 months. Old cat, hiding [ 2 Answers ]

My family just purchased an 8 month old Maine Coon cat. He had been living in an apartment with 3 adults, his parents and 2 other cats. He now spends the day under my daughter's bed and at night when we're sleeping, eats and uses the litter box. He lets us pet him when he's under the bed and has...

View more questions Search