Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bailey67 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2009, 01:51 PM
    How do I get people to like me - 8th g. fe.
    I have friends and best friends.
    About 12 friends who are girls.
    And about 5 guys.
    People say that I used to be mean in 6th and 5th grade, but my life was very difficult at the time. I moved to a new school, my parents got a divorce a year before the 5th grade, my mom was getting married, and she also had a miss-carriage.
    Now that I'm in 8th, people like me but it seems like its not to the point where they [B]want[B]to be with me on fridays or they're excited to talk to me on AIM. I feel like everyone else around me is what you call "popular", even though it sounds stupid, but its sort of true. I want people to talk about me possitivley behind my back.
    I have no idea what to do and I need all the advice and help.
    Any ideas?
    IheartEdward Posts: 203, Reputation: 4

Jan 25, 2009, 02:59 PM

Lifes never going to be the way you want it to be unfortunally. To be honest, at an age 'popularity' is a hugee thing and your clearly at that age. I'm 15 now and was never popular, I'm starting to get better friends and knowing people who like the sort of things I like.

How old are you? Im from the UK and don't understand the whole 'grade' thing.

Jan 25, 2009, 03:04 PM

Usa

Jan 25, 2009, 03:10 PM

Hmm, well, don't try to become popular, it's a waste of time.
    And also, feeling left out and different is just teenage life for you. I'm still a teen so I can hardly talk but I totally know what your going through.

Jan 25, 2009, 03:13 PM

Yeah because all of my guy friends talk to me about how hott my friends are and it just sort of sucks because it makes me feel like I'm not pretty and everyone else is better then me.
    But I guess I will have to just let it go.

Jan 25, 2009, 03:17 PM

I was exactly like that, I was never to the one to be picked as the prettiest girl in spin the bottle. There's always a guy for you, I promise you that.

Jan 25, 2009, 03:22 PM

Thanks!
    It was really nice talking to you!

Jan 25, 2009, 03:25 PM

Yeah, same.
    Hope it works out for you!

Jan 25, 2009, 03:26 PM

Yeah
    It will!

Jan 25, 2009, 03:40 PM

:)
    mum2five Posts: 171, Reputation: 32

Jan 25, 2009, 03:45 PM

In order for others to like you - you have to learn to like yourself ! Treat others as you would expect to treated back .
    Real friends also understand that there will be times you are a little mean especially when yo have other issues going on around you.
    mastermagican Posts: 66, Reputation: 2

Jan 28, 2009, 07:20 PM

BEING POUPLER SUCKS I WAS IN 7TH GRAD I WAS A Class clone I was FUNNY got in trobul but ma grades SUCKED!!
    So then in 8th grade I was quite paied attintion and now people don't look up to you and you can get the stress off your back just stay YOU Don't chanhe YOU
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2009, 08:19 PM

When I was in High school I thought all the other kids had lots of friends and got to hang out with each other all the time. I found out later in life they had no more of a life than I did. They say you are doing good if you have more than one truly good friend in your lifetime. People that are popular really can't say they even have one true friend because most of their friends are just living off their popularity and are fair weather friends.
    Be yourself. Reach out to others and be friends with people that others treat as unpopular,
    barbiechick123 Posts: 317, Reputation: 25

Jan 30, 2009, 11:37 PM

I agree a lot with IheartEdward, being popular is lame... you never know who your real friends are, there's drama coming to you from all different directions, and no one in the "cool" group is ever satisfied with their friends... trust me.
    And about the guys, boys at your age are shallow and don't have open minds to different types of girls, as you get older and meet newer people, that problem will be easily solved.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Interests of Wealthy people vs Less wealthy people [ 3 Answers ]

I know that it is a well know fact that affluent people often have very different interests (i.e. in sport) to poorer people, even when they live in proximity. Is there a theory that some geogpraher has made? Or is it just a common stereotype/knowledge?

Can people tell? [ 2 Answers ]

I used to weight 120 now I weight 127 can people tell if I gain weight?

View more questions Search