Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    survivorboi Posts: 431, Reputation: 9

Jan 25, 2009, 10:13 AM
    Difficulty in concentrating
    I think I have social anxiety. At home, I would be myself. Outside, especially school, I'm always anxious. I always have this shortness of breath feeling, like, even though h'm breathing, I'm not getting enough air. I find my chest very tense and my head always feel out of order. I'm always thinking how to act, and I can't seem to concentrate on anything else. When I talk, I always repeat what I said in my my head to see if it sounds "okay".

My chest always feel very tight and tense. I can't think, can't concentrate, and most of all, I can't express myself openly. I feel like I'm locked up in my own mind, always talking in my mind instead of saying it out.

I really need to stop this. It's taking over my happiness and all my friends. I have nothing to talk about so now, most of my friends think something's is wrong with me and that I'm boring. I even feel it. I'm boring.

It only happens at school and sometimes in public. Not at home. I feel insecure in public.
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Jan 25, 2009, 10:19 AM

Could be a social anxiety disorder. Maybe you should see a doctor and tell them about it. Or, you could just be at that age where everything is awkward and weird. Maybe go and talk to your school counselor and tell them how you feel. They're there to help you sort out your problems and they might have more ideas as to what it could be.

Just be yourself, I'm sure you're not boring at all!
    survivorboi Posts: 431, Reputation: 9

Jan 25, 2009, 02:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gernald View Post
    could be a social anxiety disorder. Maybe you should see a doctor and tell them about it. Or, you could just be at that age where everything is awkward and weird. Maybe go and talk to your school counselor and tell them how you feel. They're there to help you sort out your problems and they might have more ideas as to what it could be.

Just be yourself, I'm sure you're not boring at all!
    But the problem is, don't want to let anyone know.
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Jan 29, 2009, 11:22 AM

Yes that does tend to be an issue.
    However, school counselors I believe are subjected to privacy laws, and if not them I think if you go to see a doctor on your own they won't be able to tell your parents (but I'm not really sure what the privacy laws with that are).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Difficulty in booting [ 1 Answers ]

I am using windows XP sp3. Last week suddenly my system stopped booting. Everything on the system was updated.Virus,programs updates. When I start the boot, it says boot from CD then nothing comes for hours. Then I tried changing the boot from prefernce to hard disk.it didn't help. Then I changed...

Wiring difficulty [ 9 Answers ]

I have a junction box in the ceiling that has two separate main wires coming in. One wire has a black and white plus ground. The other has three wires including red, white and black plus ground. One of these wires are connected to a nearbye switched outlet. I am assuming it is the three wire...

Difficulty with climaxing [ 2 Answers ]

My husband has a difficult time climaxing, and is ashamed to discuss it with me. What could be the problem. He's a moderate drinker, and in good health. We are both in our mid sixties. He says this problem is normal. Is it?

Orgasm difficulty. [ 5 Answers ]

Okay so, I'm 16 turning 17 in November. Losing my virginity at age 15 to my ex -- my first and last love, I kind of regret it, but he would hate me when I get mad at him when I told him that. Anyway, we were both sexually active, but did not have unprotected sex. We foreplayed and used a...

Difficulty with Periods [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all I am 30 years old and my husband and I have been trying to conceive for approximately one year. I have traditionally had irregular periods and it continues to be a problem. I have been seeing a gyno for the past six months and we have tested for PCOS and done some ultrasounds to make...

View more questions Search