Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joanne266 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2009, 06:47 AM
    Blood counts
    I just had some blood work done and my dr. says my wbc is low 3.1 what does that mean
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 25, 2009, 07:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joanne266 View Post
    I just had some blood work done and my dr. says my wbc is low 3.1 what does that mean

What did the Doctor tell you? Here's the info:

Normal Results Return to top

4,500-10,000 white blood cells/mcL (cells per microliter)

What Abnormal Results Mean Return to top

A low number of WBCs is called leukopenia. It may be due to:

Bone marrow failure (for example, due to infection, tumor, or abnormal scarring)
    Collagen-vascular diseases (such as lupus erythematosus)
    Disease of the liver or spleen
    Radiation
    A high number of WBCs is called leukocytosis. It may be due to:

Anemia
    Infectious diseases
    Inflammatory disease (such as rheumatoid arthritis or allergy)
    Leukemia
    Severe emotional or physical stress
    Tissue damage (for example, burns)
    These lists are not all inclusive.

MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia: WBC count
    Cinnabar Posts: 113, Reputation: 5

Jan 26, 2009, 09:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joanne266 View Post
    It depends. What were you having the blood work done for? What other labs were done? Posting CBC/diff results along with any other labs is helpful.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wbc counts [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, Just a quick question about wbc counts for any experts out there. My latest cbc read : Wbc 6.5 bil/l range was 3.3-10.7 Lymphocytes 1.7 bil/l range was1.1-4.0 Monocytes 0.4 bil/l range was 0.0-0.8 Neutrophils 4.3. bil/l range was 1.6-7.2 All of my stuff is in...

Load Counts [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Guys Can some one please tell me how to calculate load counts on a blueprint. I have no idea where to start. Darren:confused:

5 counts of fraud [ 1 Answers ]

I was pregnet and on drugs and had cashed some checks. There was one govnment check for 3200. I got off the drugs and had my child, I also left canada. I want to go home but a dective told me there was 5 counts of fraud waiting for me. Will I loose my child and go to jail? The checks all amounted...

8 counts [ 2 Answers ]

HOW MANY 8 COUNTS SHOULD I DO FOR MY HIGH SCHOOL CHEERLEADING TRYOUTS? when I tried out for my JR high I only did one 8 count and I made the team.:confused:

Low sperm counts [ 1 Answers ]

My husband went to test and dh said he has low sperm count.My question is that does the mode of collection affect the volume.My husband had to collect it by himself and he said it wasn't easy.the volume was 2.1ml.the doc said his sperm count is low. 1.Do you think that if the mode of collection...

View more questions Search