Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    camisudo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2006, 03:49 PM
    Replacing a bathroom vanity light
    I am replacing a bathroom vanity light and would like the replacement to also have an electrical outlet since there is none in this 1960ish bathroom.
    Do they make these anymore?
    If not, in what other way could I get both a light and an electrical outlet in the bathroom?
    Thanks
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2006, 04:49 PM
    Here are a couple of fixtures that have the outlet built-in.

http://www.symphonyworld.com/America...et-p-1396.html

http://www.mygrannysatticantiques.co...ht_fixture.htm

I did a web search for "bath light fixtures with power outlet"

However, I believe there is a restriciton that will be imposed in the future that will not allow these to be available, due to lack of GFI protection, and the difficulty of forcing homeowners to install GFI circuit breakers.
    binkydoll Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2006, 02:26 PM
    Don't know if you've found your solution yet or not, but I'm running into the same issue, and found this:

http://www.lightingbygregory.com/store/df-2054-06.html

It's ugly, but it's cheap (don't know yet whether I can actually use it - have to check with the building's super... )

I searched undder 'convenience outlet'

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bathroom Vanity Light Height.. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello again, everyone! Would anyone please tell me what a good "standard" height is for a vanity light, whether it be a single sconce or a 3-light wall-mount fixture? Any suggestions extremely appreciated! Is there any "rule of thumb?" :confused:

Replacing vanity faucet nightmare! [ 8 Answers ]

I started thinking I could replace the faucets easily. Instructions were to shut off water from the shut off valve. I thought I closed both but still had hot water coming through. (This was last Saturday). We were home most of Sunday and Monday morning but then went out of town. We returned...

Replacing landscape light fixtures.. [ 6 Answers ]

We have a landscape lighting (that goes the length of our walkway on both sides) that was installed when the house was built, and that was 14 years ago. The light fixtures are getting chipped and moldy and I want to replace it for a much up to date ones. Is it possible to change just the fixtures...

Outlet in Bathroom over vanity... [ 5 Answers ]

Hello everyone - I am adding a linen closet to my bathroom in a corner where I currently have a GFI outlet. Therefore, this outlet will be covered. I plan on connecting to the load side of the outlet and running some wire through the wall so that I can still easily access an outlet in the...

Receptacle in bathroom vanity fixture [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all, I was helping out in my sister's house last night (just being a helpful lil' handyman brother :D), and while fixing something in one of the bathrooms, I noticed something very interesting: there is a vanity light above the mirrior that has a single receptactle built into the base of the...

View more questions Search