Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bailey67 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2009, 07:57 PM
    I need a hobby bad.
    I need a hobby to be good at because my friends and people who know me think that I am not good at anything.:mad: and I want to show them that I can be good at things and I'm not just some person who doesn't do anything. Volleyball and Basketball are not the sport/hobby for me. And I was wondering what hobbys there are for the ages of 13-25 so I can also help myself and others if possible.
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2009, 08:01 PM

There are tons of hobbies there doesn't need to be an age range, some of mine are airsofting( sort of like paintballing), model building, playing computer games and cycling
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Jan 24, 2009, 08:08 PM
    I have three hobbies:

Algebra, Printer datastream analysis and residential wiring.

Please don't shoot baseball, softball (fast or slow pitch), or basketball in the foot just yet.

Consider becoming an official for each of or one of the above sports.

I was a part time official for local and high schools leagues for over 18 years.

I was varsity certified for High School Basketball in Virginia, Florida and Texas during my tenure as a basketball official.

For me, it was not so much about the money, although I did quite well as I progressed in experience. It was about the challenge to be the very best for every game I officiated.

My wife enjoyed the money! (yuk, yuk)
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2009, 08:21 PM

You can always become an expert here ,giving advice. There is a board specific to teenagers.

There are free graphic programs you can get online and be a graphic artist. You are really only limited by your imagination.Anyone can do it.

You have to think about what your interests on and expand on that.If you like music,consider an instrument.A harmonica is relatively easy to begin with.
    It must be something you enjoy so make a list of things you like and expand on that list to things you can afford to do or would like to do.
    I am an on line activist and I belong to many associations where I sign petitions about things I want changed and that truly makes a difference.
    If you are interested I will give you a list.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 24, 2009, 08:30 PM

Reading to the elderly at a nursing home, hobby that really gives
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2009, 09:16 PM

Hi, bailey67!

Have you ever written poetry or the lyrics to a song?

Thanks!
    FlyYakker Posts: 378, Reputation: 41

Jan 24, 2009, 09:17 PM

Fishing, canoeing or kayaking, painting, photography, astronomy... it boggles the mind the all choices you have.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2009, 10:12 PM

Most importantly, you should take on a hobby for yourself... because you want to enjoy it and spend time on it. Doing this for anyone but yourself will only end up in you quitting in the long run and not enjoying it as much.
    frangipanis Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2009, 07:38 PM

Joseph Campbell's views on 'following your bliss' caught peoples imagination and set quite a few in search of finding their bliss:

Here's how you might do that:
    Article: How To Find Your Bliss So You Can Follow It
    Handyman2007 Posts: 988, Reputation: 73

Jan 25, 2009, 07:46 PM

Find something that you like to do, Don't worry if your "friends" don't think you "aren;t good at anything". Do something you like to do and in time you will be proficient at it.
    MarkwithaK Posts: 955, Reputation: 107

Jan 25, 2009, 07:47 PM

What interests one may not interest another. You have to fins something that you enjoy doing. Something that can hold your interest for a reasonable amount of time. For me that was home beer brewing.
    angel66647 Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Feb 6, 2009, 04:27 PM

I really enjoy yugioh lol and playing guitar learning about computers or just weight lifting or some daily jog or exersise keeps your body firm strong and you can help people carry stuff or you can also do something unique to find for yourself =D
    Wuerschti Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2009, 09:33 AM

RC Aircraft. Start with a foam plane, it is exhilarating! Give it a shot + it is very easy to get into/not as expensive as you might think.
    guitarlicks Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2009, 02:43 AM

I play guitar, its pretty cheap too start with too. But you need to decide what YOU like to do, whether it be helping to homeless or smoking crack with friends (lol, Don't do the second one, it was just an example) just find something you like to do and maybe try out one of your friends hobbies?
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2009, 04:37 AM

Hobbies.. I tried so many things from bike quadding to knitting,and never excelled in any of them,BUT,I have quite the reputation for trying new things,just giving it a go.I excel at trying new things!
    Ask your friends to show you how they do their thing,you'll be trying something new,sharing time with friends and learning what you do or don't like.
    And you never know trying someone's else's hobbies could lead you to find something that you love to do.
    am3201993 Posts: 64, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2009, 07:06 PM

Well I have one for you why not try it, get a game that is for what ever u have like ps2 or xbox 360 something like that or do drama it's a shot
    IWHO Posts: 115, Reputation: 18

May 6, 2009, 07:17 PM

Bailey... find some new friends... your friends shouldn't care if you are good at anything or not... I am old... not saying HOW old... just old... the ONLY thing I am good at is organizing things... that's not much of a hobby but it got me a good job... but do consider finding something that YOU like... start a list and expand on it like someone suggested... but, remember, you don't owe anything to anyone except yourself... don't change and try to be someone you are not... you are perfect the way you are...
    unluckynut Posts: 294, Reputation: 23

May 14, 2009, 11:24 PM

How about cake decorating, You can use that your whole life, and always fall back on it if you need a job. They are almost always lookking for cake decoraters. This is something they don't teach in high school and you will be able to show kids this and maybe help someone else find a careerl, everyone is not book people or sport people. But people like to watch me doing it and say it looks so easy. It amazes people. Try it.
    Gamaca Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2009, 08:57 AM
    Knitting and/or crocheting can be very rewarding hobbies. You don't need to make sweaters or other elaborate items to start. Dishcloths, washcloths or hot pads are a great starting place because everyone uses them, they don't take forever to make, and even if they aren't perfect they're still usable. How-tos and patterns are available on-line. (Crocheting is easier than knitting.)

Gail
    peeinacan95 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2009, 11:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bailey67 View Post
    I need a hobby to be good at because my friends and people who know me think that i am not good at anything.:mad: and i want to show them that i can be good at things and im not just some person who doesnt do anything. Volleyball and Basketball are not the sport/hobby for me. and i was wondering what hobbys there are for the ages of 13-25 so i can also help myself and others if possible.

Don't feel bad! I do nothing but play harvest moon or build houses on the computer for the Sims it takes me around 2 to 3 days to Finish a house lol... I also started making bead bracelets they turn out pretty nice and everyone loves them!! Lol they think I buy them from like Claire's. Beads are cheap too if you go to wallmart and buy the big mixed beads they cost me like 3dollars. I don't know if you're a girl but if you are maybe you should give bracelets a try and I bet you everyone would love them!! :D:D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for a Hobby [ 8 Answers ]

How can I find a hoby that suits me, Iam 64 years old ex Financial Manager in a multinational Svs. co. have never had a manual hobby, this what I am looking for, I am living in Egypt. May I hope of a reply, not expensive hobby as I am retired. ...

In need of a hobby [ 5 Answers ]

I need a hobby. My dad won't let me watch television until I get a hobby.:(

In need of a hobby, [ 8 Answers ]

OK so I'm seventeen, I have nothing to do when I get off work and when I'm not at school. I would really like to do something, I am really tired of being at home, all I do is think. I get depressed so a hobby would really help me. Help?

My Hobby. [ 6 Answers ]

I don't have too many hobbies I guess. Music over-all is one. Another is hanging out with my friends and doing stupid things (yes, a hobby). But the one hobby I love the very most is helping people with their problems/issues. My friends say it's a great thing of me to do and they respect me for it...

About my hobby [ 4 Answers ]

Am trying to find a hobby. I have never really had any hobbies in my adult life and I am now trying to find one. I don't know how to even start. I am looking for any help on how to find something that interests me.

View more questions Search