Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Aug 3, 2006, 02:21 PM
    Impending Arrival
    Sorry if I misspell anything I'm working through contractions here. Today might be the day... I think my water might be leaking and contractions are getting pretty steady. Drew is on his way home and we'll be going to the hospital shortly. It may be a false alarm too, so I'm trying not to get my hopes up. I hope you all keep your fingers crossed that these little ones decide weither or not they are going to make their appearance soon or not. Later might be better but I don't think that this is going to be too bad for them. If I can't update this for obvious reasons I'm sure that either Drew or J_9 will be willing too. I am going to go and get ready so that I can just get in the car when he gets here. The contractions aren't painful but they are getting intense as far as the tension goes. I will keep you all posted as best I can and will let you know if it is a false alarm as soon as possible. Thank you all for your support through out this pregnancy and beyond... :o
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2006, 02:34 PM
    Woo hoooooooo!

Whether tonight or not, we know it's close! We're all rootin for you!

When you deliver, make sure the nurse brings you a laptop so you can sign on and fill us in! :p
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 3, 2006, 03:16 PM
    I will try to keep you all up to date. I am sure Drew will be with Myth throughout the process.

I have been on the phone with her and it sounds like it might be time. I have been helping her breathe through contractions, that, over the phone, sound like it is time.

We will all keep you posted.

BTW, for anyone confused, Myth and I only live maybe 20 miles apart at the most.
    Jnet29 Posts: 88, Reputation: 13

Aug 3, 2006, 07:05 PM
    I'm very happy for you myth, hope it's the real thing then you will be able to rest and focus on the little ones. : )net
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Aug 3, 2006, 07:17 PM
    Holds my cyber breath...
    Crosses all my virtual fingers and toes...
    And hopes for the happiest of news...

Aug 3, 2006, 08:34 PM
    Well I'm back at home tonight... they gave me two shots of turb... something I can't remember right now. A IV drip of fluids and two ambian and sent me home. So right now I'm a bit out of itl.. lol... I am going to go to bed now and sleep. I'll go into more detail tomorrow. Ttyl
    aqua@home Posts: 565, Reputation: 107

Aug 3, 2006, 08:40 PM
    I hope it happens at the perfect time for all those involved. Take care and stay rested and hydrated.
    Expert

Aug 4, 2006, 02:06 AM
    Well, I am happy that you and the little ones are okay. You did not sound very good earlier. Yes, I was asleep when you called, had to take a short nap so I could take advantage of the tax free back-to-school shopping that started at midnight.

I am guessing that your water did not break like we thought. What did they say about the contractions?

Aug 4, 2006, 06:05 AM
    The contractions we're ten minutes apart and getting pretty strong when I got there. I was given an IV drip to "rehydrate" me and it did nothing for the contractions so I actually wasn't dehydrated in the first place. I had to have two shots of the Terbutline(s?) because the first one didn't quite stop the contractions. After the bag of fluids was done I was given two ambian for sleep and sent home. By the time I ate and posted I was ready to sleep and feeling pretty good... lol. I woke up at three this morning with more contractions though. So I will try to hold out until the 34 week mark like they told me too, but I'm not making any promises. That's only a week away but it feels like a life time to me. Anyway, I'm going to lay back down and rest for a bit longer. I will check back in after awhile.

Aug 5, 2006, 05:49 PM
    Hi Myth, I'm sorry to hear it wasn't time yet for the little ones to come but be patient and your body will let you know when it's time. In the meantime please take care of yourself. I'll let you get your rest I'll talk to you later. Net
    Expert

Aug 5, 2006, 06:40 PM
    Get her rest, Hah!!

She went out to dinner tonight, I just got off the phone with her. She is doing much better than she was on Thursday. I will let her fill you in on all the rest.

Aug 5, 2006, 07:40 PM
    Hi J 9, well what can I say the girl is brave : ). Net

Aug 5, 2006, 11:35 PM
    Lol... Like I'm going to let getting out of the house pass me by. Hell I'm stuck here most of the time except for dr. appt. Anyway, I am resting as much as possible. We did have some friends over tonight and managed to get the nursery all straightened up with the help of one of them... of course a woman... lol.. the guys played vidiot games and took care of her three month old. I am feeling much better today than I was when I first posted this thread. I am still hoping these guys decide to make their appearance soon, but hey when they come they come right... my fingers are still crossed though. I do have a dr appt on wed. He should be able to tell me when he'll let me have them without stopping labor then. I also will know their approximate weights then since I also have yet another u/s. I haven't been on much recently because I'm trying not to over do it... today being an exception... lol. Well I'll keep you all posted... I guess it's just a waiting game now... Oh how I hate this game.

Aug 6, 2006, 10:43 AM
    HI Myth, I hate the waiting game to ,but this pregnancy I'm just going to sit back in enjoy it since it will be my last one. I don't think my husband and I will last much longer, he say he is very busy helping his mother move things out of her basement but I know it's just a excuse for him not to spend time with us. October is just around the corner we'll be married for one year the worse year of my life, I'm just going to let it end before that year comes so I can focus on my children. I need to go but I'll talk to you later. Net

Aug 6, 2006, 11:38 AM
    Sometimes what we're delt in life might not make sense at the time, but opens us up for an opportunity that we'd overlook otherwise. I would just let it go and him with it. I only have one worry for you. Are all the children yours? Or is one a step child. That would be my only worry for you. Keep your chin up. Everything happens for a reason and we won't know it until five years down the road... hindsight is 20/20 after all...
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2006, 11:50 AM
    Myth, I just noticed this thread now, and I wanted to wish you all the best!! I was frustrated with waiting as well, although my guy came pretty early. I wish I lived closer to you so I could also be around to help out, although with my current brood I'd probably be in over my head lol.

Anyway take care of yourself! I'm sure the babies will come when they want to!

Aug 6, 2006, 07:52 PM
    Yes all the children are mine and my son is his stepson, all the girls I have are by him. I talk to my husband today and he wants to go through marriage councling to save our marriage he said it's worth saying he just don't want things to end between us. I think a person can say one thing and their actions prove what they really want to happen, I'll go but I think it will be a waste of time. I don't think things will change with him, I just don't want to get my hopes up only to get crushed.If things don't work after we go through this I'm letting him go and just raise my children the best way I know how. Thank you Myth for beening there for me through all of this mess, you are a true friend I'll never for get all your kind words and support you have given me thank you again : ) enough about me how are things with you and the twins? Are you any closer to their arrival? Net

Aug 6, 2006, 08:07 PM
    Chava, If you and your brood were closer at least then I would have something to do besides sit here... lol... What can I say I love kids...

Net, Don't give up without giving him the benefit of the doubt. And at least try the counseling a try before totally giving up on it. At least then you can say, and tell the kids, that you did try everything and that you did give it your best shot...

Take care you guys. They are not far from getting here I'm sure... Friday if labor hasn't set in I'm just going to rape my man... lol. Dr said no sex, but hey if that gets them here faster then sooo be it... and I'll enjoy every minute of it... lol... we'll all ttyl and good night. My bed is calling and my pillow misses me... night all

Aug 6, 2006, 08:15 PM
    Myth, you are so right I'll give it all I have, I'm just worried about the children. I'll try the counseling at least this will show me if he really loves us or not. Goodnight myth thanks :) net
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2006, 07:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Chava, If you and your brood were closer at least then I would have something to do besides sit here... lol... What can I say I love kids...
    LOL well you can have them!! ;) At least I felt that way last week, when the older ones took the younger ones down to play at the river!! :eek: Anyway we got through it all right, they were punished quite severely, but sheesh was I frightened by that!! People have fallen into the river and drowned here many times.

Take care you guys. They are not far from getting here I'm sure... Friday if labor hasn't set in I'm just going to rape my man... lol. Dr said no sex, but hey if that gets them here faster then sooo be it... and I'll enjoy every minute of it... lol... we'll all ttyl and good night. My bed is calling and my pillow misses me... night all
    Why doesn't the doc want you to have sex? If it brings on labour isn't that a good thing? Or are you supposed to be hanging on for as long as possible? Anyway take care and I'll keep checking this thread as I can!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search