Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ajm220 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2009, 09:14 AM
    Unwanted Word-generated Line in Text
    Hello Everyone,

When I created a horizontal line in my text using, Word put another line in the text that I cannot remove. Why did this happen? I have followed other suggestions to uncheck the Autotext button to create a border "as I type." I have also checked "None" in Tables & Borders but the line remains. It cannot be selected and then deleted. Can anyone help?

Thanks.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 24, 2009, 09:45 AM

Does the line print? What view are you in? It might be just a page or section break.

Can you select what's before and after in a continuous highlight?

If none of this helps can yopu attach the file and let us know where the line is. Also what version of Word?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

MS WORD loss of text [ 2 Answers ]

I have lost the first five pages of a 30-page document, probably when 'somebody' put an object on the keyboard. I discovered the problem later and can only assume that the 'backspace' or 'delete' was pressed. Can anybody tell me if it is possible to recover the lost text from my hard disk please?...

Word won't print text in bold [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have been asked to change some information in an existing handbook. I have made the necessary changes. Now I have printed the document but on just one page it doesn't print any text that has been made bold!! If I take the bold off it prints fine but this is a rather important passage and...

Unwanted phone calls and text messages [ 4 Answers ]

My friend has been getting calls and text messages from a certain cell phone number. He has tried every means possiable including the local police department, to find out who this is. What he has found out is that it is a TracPhone (pre-paid). That's it. Is there anyone out there that can tell...

MS Word Text alignment weirdness [ 2 Answers ]

Whenever I change the alignment of a line of text (like a heading) in MS Word (v.X) for Mac, Word automatically changes the alignment of the paragraph BEFORE the heading to the same alignment. If I centre the Heading, the last paragraph before it centres. If I change the paragraph back to Left...

Scanning text into a Word XP document [ 4 Answers ]

My professor needs to have her published economics instructor's manual scanned into a Word document . What scanner and software is capable of doing this? The office has an old HP ScanJet 4C flatbed scanner. Thanks.

View more questions Search