Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shayshay Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2006, 10:48 AM
    Controlling interest
    Good morning,
    I have established a corporation as a parent company. What I would like to do is now establish a real estate investing company up under this corporation as an LLC. I intend on going into business with another person who does carpentry type work. If we have a business fall out, with me owning all shares in the coropration will I maintain controlling of the real estate company or could their be some legal issues because we were in business together.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2006, 09:21 PM
    From the sounds of it, you would own it all.

Is this friend of yours going to be an employee? A partner in the real estate company?

More details please. Clarify his role.
    shayshay Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2006, 12:45 PM
    I'm not sure. That is where my concern comes in if he is a partner versus an officer in the real estate compnay will that bring on issues if there is a falling out. Or as long as I hold controlling interest in the parent company I can avoid a potential business battle
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 4, 2006, 03:05 PM
    If the investment company is wholely owned by a coporation, then the coporation will be the owner, you can have a contract relationship with this other person, where he can receive a percent of profits in turn for his labor, You can allow him to invest in specific propertyies, but always do it under a specific contract that is specific that he is not a partner but a contractor or employee.

(personal opinion anyway)
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2006, 12:07 PM
    One way to be absolutely sure is to simply get him to sign something saying he is just an employee and not a partner.

If you cover all of your basis now, and later he tries to fight you, you will win the case.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tips on controlling hair in humidity ? / frizz [ 1 Answers ]

My hair was "good" when I lived in NY years ago, but now since I've lived in FL, give it a few minutes in the humidity and my perfectly styled hair gets frizzy, especially on the sides. I feel like bozo if I'm outside too long. I've tried so many products, but without spending $$ on tiny little...

Controlling the air-waves [ 2 Answers ]

Hey gang, my local radio station in Chicago has this "my shuffle playlist" type of thing going on. Basically if you are picked out of the thousands of people, then your 4-5 songs will be played on the radio. Basically you control what other people will hear for the next 10 minutes or so. If you...

Controlling HVAC with X10 Relay [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to turn off my AC when the Patio door and or windows are left open for 3 min. I am currently using Homeseer along with the Gemini Napco Plugin. I can detect the opening and closing of the door and window zones and then create an event to trigger an X10 command after 3 minutes to a...

View more questions Search