Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    magicANN Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Aug 3, 2006, 09:40 AM
    How to go to school in Paris
    I really want to live in Paris, France... And I'm an america. I would do anything to live there, and I was wondering as a possibily to get there and stay, how could I get into a French college, like the Sorbonne. Can you tell me how to get in, the equivalency of our grades levels to there's, our grades, and GPA's, etc. And if gratuating from a French university would even help me be able to live there... Ive heard about many other students from other countries going to European, specifically French schools, from places like Latin America, and Africa, so I know its possible, I just need more information. Pleas help.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 3, 2006, 11:33 AM
    I would say you really need to visit France, before you decide to invest in education there. It may not be anything like you may believe it is.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2006, 11:41 AM
    My daughter is half latino. She is going to school in the us and spent a semester overseas in spain. While there she also spent time in london.

She loved her experience. She knows shell never live in spain again, might visit. She also knows she could very well live in london for some time.

So this isn't an answer exactly, but you might consider the exchange programs that schools in the us have. Or... if you really wish to live overseas, you still might be able to talk to someone who runs such a program and get their input in which schools and cities would be best...

Aug 3, 2006, 02:45 PM
    I visited Paris in March, and there's no other place like in the whole world. So changing my mind isn't a problem.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 3, 2006, 02:47 PM
    First and most importantly, parlez-vous français ?
    Pour avoir n'importe quelle chance dans un pays étranger, particulièrement quand il vient à trouver le travail, vous DEVEZ pouvoir parler la langue de loacl fluantly, comme un indigène. Si vous ne pouvez pas réaliser même cette chose nécessaire la plus fondamentale puis vous êtes des plans êtes condamné à l'échec.
    TWUisignorance Posts: 5, Reputation: 3

Aug 3, 2006, 10:47 PM
    La sorbonne n'existe plus ; or at least in its original glory. Parisian universities have been divided into some nine sub-universities. Contact a French consulate or embassy for information on enrolling yourself in one of the Parisian universities. Their number is only a Google search alone.

Otherwise, Paris IV still carries the name Sorbonne. Google that name and look at the website for all the information you'll need. Also - for housing, you'll be on your own. Parisian universities don't have "dorms" in the American sense.

Mais si tu ne peux pas parler francais, there is the American University in Paris. I think. Google it.

Aug 4, 2006, 11:49 AM
    I speak french, and I know about the splitting, can you explain more about that thought??

Are there not just degrees in things like business or literature, etc. like in america, it seems like every school specializes in something like engineering or docotral degrees, no undergratuate degrees.

I have all the basic things down, like language, and certainty that it's a magnificent place

Can anyone tell me about scholarships?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paris Etching Society NY [ 4 Answers ]

I have been trying to research the signature on my etching. No luck so far on finding info on artist F. Roth and this etching "Canal de lyonne" . Sure could use some help . A nice #2 etching as described in my first message. Any one heard of him or know how I could find out about him?

Paris Etching Society NY-USA [ 23 Answers ]

I have two etchings that have Paris Etching Society NY-USA in the upper right hand corner and a small circle with the letters S Z and L in it at the lower left corner. They are hand signed in pencil but I can't make out the name. One appears to be Le Beauvois with another signature to the Right...

Working in Paris [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 15 and I want to move to Paris, france when I turn 18. I would do anything to be there, will someone help me find out how to get there and get a job and be a citizen.

I'm From Usa Where Should I Go In Paris [ 2 Answers ]

Who other but the people that actually live there knows better than PARIS. Ill be visiting soon. I would like for several suggestions where and what should my family and I visit in paris. Thank you...

View more questions Search