Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GlassFlower Posts: 30, Reputation: 2

Jan 23, 2009, 11:41 PM
    Heart Shaped Pottery with Asian Mark on Underside, Identification
    I was hoping someone might be able to tell me something, anything about this piece of pottery. I don't know a single thing about it except that it's kind of ugly in my opinion. Can anyone identify the mark, or tell me what the red spot on the bottom means? There is also an A scratched in the bottom. Thanks very much!
    Attached Images

Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2009, 01:54 AM

Hi, GlassFlower!

My first impression of it, is that it appears to be a snake in a tree that has an apple in its mouth.

So, I would think that it might be some representation of the snake that gives an apple to Eve in the Garden of Eden as told in the Holy Bible.

I'm not sure about the shape and other colors used though. Have to give that some thought...

Thanks!

Jan 24, 2009, 01:59 AM

I have another pic from the top angle, I thought it was just a peach or plum on a branch, but I can see what you mean.

Jan 24, 2009, 02:00 AM
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2009, 02:17 AM

I don't see the other images yet. But, it might be because I'm on a dial-up connection that's really slow.

Will check back in a few minutes...

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Identification mark 14KGS on a bravelet [ 4 Answers ]

What does the stamp 14 KGS stand for on a gold colored bracelet?

Silver plate mark identification [ 2 Answers ]

I am having a problem identifying these marks on a set of table spoons can anyone help

What causes loose underside stiches and how do I fix it [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I don't have the manual for my Dressmaker Sewing machine and haven't used it in so long I'm having trouble remembering the basics like: What causes loose underside stitches and how do I fix it? Thanks, G.

Bump on the underside of my penis head [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm 21 and a few days ago whilst erect I noticed a small bump type thing on the underside of my penis head... I am circumsized. It was about the size of a quarter of a pea and I had never noticed it before... it did not hurt in fact almost felt slightly pleasurable to touch. When I was soft...

Heart shaped ankh anywhere? [ 4 Answers ]

I need a pic of an ankh shaped heart that I can use for a tattoo and I can't find any online

View more questions Search