Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mi_amor Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2009, 10:40 PM
    Can I remarried to other green card so that I can apply a permanent green card
    Hi. I just got my temporary green card and my husband is planning to divorce me maybe 10 months from now. My question is what if I can find another man to marry before the temporary green card expires, can I apply a permanent green card with him.. please help me...
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Jan 24, 2009, 01:49 AM

Yes but this could jeopardize the green card. It depends on whether the first marriage was legitimate, and not just to get the green card. Many factors go into this and will be looked at. Since there will be a link to the prior filing, I strongly urge you to retain immigration attorney.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

L1 visa-How soon can you apply for a green card [ 5 Answers ]

How soon can you apply for a green card after getting an L1 visa approval.Is there a minimum time before we can apply?

Permanent Resident Green Card and new law [ 1 Answers ]

I have a permanent resident visa since 1987. I have not applied for US citizenship yet. I hear that the law has changed in regards to this type of resident green card. What is the new law status and how does that impact my residency? Thank you

Is H1 married to Green Card Holder elligible to apply for Green Card? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am on my H1B visa in USA since Jan 2006.I got married to a Permanent resident in US while I am on my h1B. 1) I would like to know if I could start my green card processing through my husband? 2) How long can I stay on my H1B and when should I get my extension of H1B? Thanks Much!...

Can we apply Green Card in OPT [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am right now in OPT , need to know can we apply green card without going into H1B. It seems to be hard to get H1B this time due to lottery system. Thanks

To apply Green Card [ 1 Answers ]

Hello to all. Would really appreciate if there is any help. I am on my 2nd year of H-1B and my wife on H-4. Working in Illinois company. I am from Canada. I am going to apply For EB-2 category labor certification from my ave current company. I Have BS in Civil Engineering plus more than 7...

View more questions Search