Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babieface85 Posts: 332, Reputation: 24

Jan 23, 2009, 05:05 PM
    Positive test, and I doubt I'm really pregnant!
    I had a period around the 12th of December. On the 25th of December I had a second surprise period. The period was heavy like a normal period but lasted only three days. On December 29th I had sex with my boyfriend (This was the only time we have had sex in all of December and now January). He pulled out! I was urinating every 30 minutes so I decided to take a pregnancy test. It was positive instantly. I took a second and got the same result. How is this possible knowing that I should not have ovulated so soon after my period? I am not ready for number 2. Is there any other explanation?
    diva09 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2009, 06:10 PM
    My cousin had the same situation and was not pregnant. I on the other hand was pregnant just wasn't having any signs of pregnancy
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 23, 2009, 08:44 PM

Of course you do realise that "pull out" is not a birth control method at all??

The pill, condoms are all methods and they are not 100 percent

So why are you surprised if you are having unprotected sex

Jan 24, 2009, 10:40 AM

I'm on because... that's why...
    Oakley_Kayla Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2009, 01:03 PM

Honey I've heard of woman get pregnant while they are on their PERIOD!!
    redheadmama24 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2009, 01:25 PM
    Sometimes those test can be wrong. The only way to know for sure is to go see the doc.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2009, 01:46 PM

Your cycle may have been off and you happened to ovulate sooner than you might normally do. Rare you would get a false positive... occasionally there may be a faulty test, some fertility meds may cause it, and some women read them after the allotted time, but since it came up positive right away with both, odds are you are pregnant.
    You could try a different brand test, give it a few more days and test again, or see what comes up when you see your doctor.
    LAMBCHOPS Posts: 16, Reputation: 6

Jan 24, 2009, 03:54 PM
    Pregnancy tests don't lie.
    You may not be ready, but you're going to force yourself to be ready. Sorry. The bright side is, judging by that picture, you make sweet little babies. You are so lucky that you can have two kids, even if you're not ready. Some women don't have that luxury and would do anything to be in your situation.

Good luck :)

Jan 24, 2009, 03:54 PM
    Thanks... I'm still in a state of shock.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 24, 2009, 04:04 PM

Yes, we have one expert here, that was on the pill and using condoms and they still got pregnant, so as we always say, no method is 100 percent effective
    kpangor Posts: 357, Reputation: 2

Jan 24, 2009, 10:49 PM
    OK we got two options here loll either u fell pregnant in November or your hormones are going haywire loll... good luck!!
    Becca1025 Posts: 422, Reputation: 45

Jan 26, 2009, 03:53 PM

That happened to me back in May. We were using condoms and I was using ovulation predictor kits and we were avoiding intercourse when I would know I was ovulating. Well at the end of my cycle, a few days before I was to start my period, we had sex with the pull out method thinking we should be okay since I had already ovulated that month (atleast that's what the kit said). Well period never came, my cycle was still a little off from having my first baby that previous December so I thought nothing of it until I had to constantly pee. So here I sit at about 37 weeks pregnant with number 2. My son will be 14months when this baby is born. Either I ovulated twice that cycle or the ovulation kit was wrong. After this I am going for the IUD. Maybe your guy has supersperm.
    Don't worry, it'll all work out. Congrats

Jan 27, 2009, 03:02 PM

Thanks so much... I'm thinking about something like an IUD.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Two positive pregnancy test one negative can I still be pregnant [ 5 Answers ]

Last month I spotted just a little, I started feeling sick. Then this month I was a couple days late and I took a pregnancy test, it came back positive but it was a lite line. So I waited a week and took it again it was the same lite line. I was just about to make appointment and I started to spot....

3 faint positive pregnant.test 2 negative -am I pregnant [ 6 Answers ]

I have taken 5 pregnancy test 3 (were pos.)of which are the same brand and the other two are the same. I had actually thrown the positive ones in the trash before they turned positive. They are faint lines but noticeable. I had one day of brown discharge the day before I expected my period which...

Positive home test,inconclusive docs test [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, can anyone tell me if this has happened to them, I've already had a miscarriage and a stillbirth so I'm very worried, I done a home pregnancy test and it came back posative, 2 days later I handed a sample of urine into the docs, theyphoned me to say I would need to hand in another in 7...

I'm 19 and I got a positive test- (kind of) I don't know if I'm pregnant or not [ 3 Answers ]

I can't get into the doctor for 5 more days, I missed my full period this month, no cramps, no sore boobes, no moodswings or cravings, nothing, but I took 3 tests and they all showed up with one full red line, and another light pink line. Is there ANY chance that I'm not pregnant?

Late period, 1 negative test 1 positive test [ 6 Answers ]

Hello. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for about 6 months. Previously I lost a baby at 7 months pregnant... looong story... anyway I conceived last time on Clomid. I began Clomid again last month. I am a day late, I took 1 test Sunday (2 days before missed period) it was a faint...

View more questions Search