Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jpala003 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2009, 03:56 PM
    How to Convert Any Appliances from 220 Volts to 110 Volts
    How to convert appliances like irons, fans and other appliances from 220 volts to 110?
    babygirl85 Posts: 37, Reputation: 7

Jan 23, 2009, 04:06 PM
    Well the only way to do that is to make sure that they have a 110 and 220 setting. Look on the plug or the manual or the appliance. It will tell you what the range of voltage is. If they have that, then you need to buy a converter. It's just a plug like thing that has a 220 insert on one side and a 110 insert on the other side. My husband and I just came back from europe and we had to leave A lot of our stuff behind because it wouldn't work here in the states. We also blew up a lot of stuff when we first got to europe because we didn't understand right away. Ha but we learned.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2009, 10:12 PM

Hi, jpala003!

Greetings and WELCOME to the site! I just moved your question that you had posted in Introductions to this forum topic area so that it will get the most exposure to those who are best able to answer it. Introductions is for people to introduce themselves and we try to not ask questions there.

It can be a little confusing when first learning how to use this site! You did receive one, fine response from babygirl85 while your question was in Introductions. Perhaps others might have some additional thought, also. For indexing and archiving the site, it's best if all questions and answers to them are in the most appropriate forum topic areas.

We would appreciate it if you would return to Introductions sometime to tell us a little about yourself though, if you would be willing to do that.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the difference between 110 volts and 115 Volts? [ 5 Answers ]

What is the difference between 110 volts and 115 Volts?

Convert Volts to Pascal [ 9 Answers ]

Hi Anyone know where I can get formulae to convert voltage to pascal Thanks

208 vs. 220 volts [ 1 Answers ]

Is 220v terminology actually meaning 208v at my meter?

Not enough volts [ 3 Answers ]

I have hung two new ceiling fans in the family room. One light outlet has 6 wires three black three white the other has one black and one white. The switch on the wall has a black and a white. I do not have 110v after turning on the breaker, at the switch I have approx. 75v any ideas. Harsh

120 volts vs 240 volts tools [ 3 Answers ]

How do I configure a 120 volts 60hz woodworking tools bought in the usa to work on a 240 volts 50hz power rating in my country without having to compromise the motor operation. I understand that the stepdown transformer can only reduce the voltage but not the cycles. That means that a tool with...

View more questions Search