Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mlister Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2006, 05:40 AM
    Clicking differnet cells and it selecting all cells
    Just wondered if anyone knew what I did to get ms excel to select all cells from A1 to what ever cell I clicked on. Thought it was sticky keys but it was turned off. Clicked left mouse button and it moved cells then when I clicked other cells it started using that as a new ref point and selecting more cells from that. It sorted itself out with a reboot but I wanted to know for furture reference.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 3, 2006, 05:48 AM
    Check your SHIFT keys as it sounds like one of them is sticking, hence selecting all cells.

Just press the SHIFT key multiple times hard, also may be worth turning your keyboard upside down and banging it on the back to help remove any rubbish that has built up.
    worthbeads Posts: 538, Reputation: 45

Aug 4, 2006, 10:23 PM
    It also might be the computers "sticky keys". If you click shift 5 times in a row, it may be activated. To fix this go to Control Panel, then Accessibilty options, and disable sticky keys. Also, if you keep pressing shift 5 times, make sure you say no to sticky keys.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Calcium and cells [ 1 Answers ]

What is the meaning of dependent and anti-dependent CA+ (CALCIUM) and can you explain me please how do the cells attach to the flask?

Finding and Listing Value in Cells [ 5 Answers ]

Question: In 10 cells in a row, two unspecified values will appear. In all other cells, there is a zero. For example: A B C D E F G H I J K 0 61 0 0 28 0 0 0 0 0 0 I have many rows, and the column in which they appear is randomized. In each row, one...

Counting Cells If several criteria are true [ 1 Answers ]

Another question. I'd like to count the number of cells in column C that have "incorrect" in them, if the corresponding cells in column A have "people" in it, and column B has "intact" in it. So if A = people and B = intact, count all C that = incorrect. Thanks!

Structure of covert cells [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I've heard a lot in the news about sleeper cells, terrorist cells, spy cells, etc. but I'm not knowledgeable about what a cell is. I understand that it's a group of people, but what are the key structural points about cell anatomy. That is to say, what types of roles that people play make up...

Solar cells [ 1 Answers ]

I was flicking through the TV the other day and stopped on a science show that was talking about a new kind of solar cell,one that also absorbes infrared light . Has anyone heard of this breakthrough?and if so please tell me who is making these strides.Because being able to use the infrared would...

View more questions Search