Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aalia91 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2009, 12:03 PM
    Songs downloading
    Where can I download songs for free, how can I go on those sites. What disc, CD, will I need to download, how can I do this. Please tell me step by step.
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Jan 23, 2009, 12:35 PM

Downloading Songs for free is in most cases illegal. (only when the musician is giving it away is it no illegal)

That being said, you probably should look into one of the download services that offer a monthly fee for unlimited downloads.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 23, 2009, 12:58 PM

Free music is available, but you have to search around. The best source is band sites where they often offer new tracks for free to build up a following.

But if you want current commercial songs, those are protected by copyright and its piracy to download them without paying.

Once you download legal song files, you can burn them to CD like any audio files.
    1stRankings Posts: 9, Reputation: 3

Jan 23, 2009, 01:06 PM
    Also note that if you purchase songs online or offline you can legally burn a copy of these onto a cd for yourself, it may NOT be distributed publicly but it is legal for your own use. When I download music or buy cds I always back them up in case of loss... a large collection can be priceless.
    cogs Posts: 415, Reputation: 27

Jan 23, 2009, 02:30 PM

Try online music sites too, like pandora.com, slacker.com, finetune.com... you can listen for free to music you choose, just no download.
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Jan 26, 2009, 07:31 AM

PANDORA is great.. Have that bookmarked on my work PC, home PC, and got it on my iTouch.
    Reuben_El_Popo Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2009, 11:31 PM

My guess is either you are A) Looking for the god-like software the will magically and safely bring you every song you every wanted, that nobody is telling you about. In which case, sorry aalia, there is no such a thing. However, since you failed to specify what you wanted as far a music goes I could also assume that B) you are a music fanatic who happens to be light on cash, but wants some fresh tunes to pump out the earbuds. There are several artists who release their music for free. MC Lars and ytcracker, nerdcore hiphop artists, both have several of their songs available on their site (I assume you know how to use google), and the songstowearpantsto.com guy releases many of his (admittedly short) songs for free initially, before charging a small fee for a download.

Most likely, you are in group A, however. I was there too. Believe me, it isn't worth it. Getting your internet shut down, and the possibility of legal repercussion, is not worth saving fifteen bucks on the latest Primus album. Take it from an ex-Pirate: The CD is more fun to own anyway.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need help downloading please [ 2 Answers ]

Hi My husband downloads music for his own private use off IMESH and had no problems until we installed new p.c now when his download gets to 98% they all stop and don't reconnect to finish download. I have tried imesh forums and FAQ and fowlled advice. But nobody answering my question. FAQ never...

Mp4 downloading [ 1 Answers ]

How do u download music from itunes to an mp4 player please?:(

MP3 Downloading [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought a new Mp3 player & I would like to try to download music on it for free can I do this by using a public website or a computer that is not my own?

I want to copy the name of the songs not the songs [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, As the title suggests I would like to know if there is a way to simply copy-paste the name of the songs. The reason I want to do this is I want to re-download them again in another computer

View more questions Search