Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aehi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2009, 11:08 AM
    Loud vibration sound when toilet is flushed
    There are 2 toliets in my building, one one the 1st floor, and the other directly above it on the second floor. When either toilet is flushed, a loud vibration sound is heard from the piping. Should I be concerned?
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2009, 12:29 PM

Toilet loud noise after flushing is caused by a loose washer in the angle valve under the water tank and dirt inside the fill valve.

Close the angle valve half a turn flush the toilet and listen if clears is the washer in at the end of the angle valve stem, if still the same then it can be the fill valve, see the images below and tell me which type of fill valve you have inside the water tank and I will walk you through how to fix your problem, Thanks.

John
    Attached Images

owner713 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2010, 02:19 PM
    How do you fix this? I have the model on the left. THanks!

Sep 13, 2010, 02:26 PM
    Comment on afaroo's post
    How do you fix this? I have a model like on the right. Thanks!

Sep 13, 2010, 02:26 PM
    Comment on owner713's post
    Sorry I meant RIGHT!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Loud fog horn noise when toilet flushed [ 10 Answers ]

I have a problem when I flush my upstairs toilet. It sounds like a fog horn. Sometimes the noise is relieved if I turn the cold water tap on. It's driving me crazy and I can even hear it in the garden when someone flushes it! Please help! No one dare flush in the night.

Loud constant vibrating sound after toilet flushing [ 4 Answers ]

After flushing the basement toilet it sometimes produced a loud vibrating sound that would usually stop if it was flushed again. Tonight the noise has not stopped after many flushings. I have also tried flushing other toilets and running different taps in the house all to no avail. Any help...

Loud sound when flushing toilet [ 2 Answers ]

I get this loud humming sound when I flush my toilet for a minute or less, what could it be?

Sewer smell from toilet, loud thud from pipe down in basement when flushed. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, This is my first post, and I hope one of you folks can help me out with an answer. Over the last couple of weeks, our main bathroom toilet has developed a sewer gas odor issue, while at the same time a loud thud from the drain pipe in the basement has been getting louder and louder every...

View more questions Search