Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    punitpace Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2009, 06:49 AM
    Accelerator sticking
    Why does my accelerator keep sticking until the engine has warmed up after 5 minutes?
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Jan 23, 2009, 08:11 AM

Year/Make/Model
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2009, 05:26 PM

I'll take a stab at this even though we don't know your make, but a general throttle body cleaning will take care of this issue.
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2009, 04:46 PM

Just had a '00 Rav4 in today. The complaint same as yours. When I drove it, the problem persisted at every let off the gas.
    Very annoying to drive. Back at the shop, a very wise customer decided to go ahead with the throttle body service.
    Problem fixed!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Accelerator sticking on Toyota Celica [ 6 Answers ]

Ok... I've gotten some suggestions on this before... and after following the suggestions I have some new information that may help you help me. I have a 1990 Toyota Celica and the accelerator sticks when I first crank the car. I have cleaned the distributor cap and the butterfly. After doing...

Installation of accelerator pump [ 2 Answers ]

Do I need to remove the carb to replace the accelerator pump?

Accelerator pump [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know where the accelerator pump is on a 1987 honda civic not the fuel pump. It has the 1.5L engine and it is carbeurated. Thank you in advance!

Accelerator not working [ 2 Answers ]

I've got a new shape 2002 vauxhall (opel) vectra, my car starts but the accelerator won't work, doesn't rev the engine. Any ideas? :confused:

Accelerator for far better speed [ 2 Answers ]

I see the ads about an accelerator that will make my computer run up to 300 times faster. How is this possible? Are there some accelerators that are much better than others or is it all a scam? Thanks Kentucky Nick :confused:

View more questions Search