Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MINDYPOO Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2009, 01:54 AM
    Courting a male paranoid schizophrenic
    Hi needs some help, been friends for 2 yrs with this person even though been turbulant as in pushing me away and then panicking when I gone pulling me back in,we finally revealed our feelings and decided to court it only lasted 1 week and 4 days he family wernt happy about it even though they liked me ,it took 2 yrs to hold hand and hug that's all we did in that 1 week then he broke up with me his not talking to me and the hard thing is we see each other twice a week at church ,its so hard for me he looks stronger than me I worried that I am vulnerable to him,is he gouing to do his normal pattern and come back I don't know what to expect at the moment his not talking to me he only looks at me from the corner of his eye ,don't know what to do or what to expect, help a.s.a.p
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2009, 11:21 AM

You are not his mother. Apparently he might think you are treating you like that. You should focus on trying to find a normal person who wants you as a girlfriend and is willing to treat you like one. This guy needs his mommy, not a girlfriend.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2009, 02:16 PM

He is too sick for you.

Look for another potential boyfriend.

Best wishes, :)
    ShadyLady Posts: 98, Reputation: 10

Jan 25, 2009, 01:13 AM

A parnoid schizophrenic does not have the same kind of feelings nor a normal pattern of thinking. Males especially can be unpredictable, and turn violent for no reason. Their paranoia has no basis, as they fear that "everyone is out to get them".
    You could be in danger to get too intimate with this person. It is best to stay only on friendly terms. He is probably (or should be) on strong medications to control his moods and thoughts, yet his behavior can still be unpredictable.
    ShadyLady Posts: 98, Reputation: 10

Jan 30, 2009, 12:18 AM

It doesn't matter if he is a religious person or not. It is his thinking processes that are messed up. It's like in his brain: "2 + 2 = 5, I know I'm right, you're just trying to get me."
    If you were to ever get in an argument it is very likely he has no anger control. He may not get physical or he may explode on you. It depends on whether you are alone with him or not.
    Nothing wrong with being friends. If only people did that first their relationships might be better off. At least they would know who they are going with.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Courting and courtship [ 5 Answers ]

I want someone's opinion on this. Men and women. A man meets a woman and supposedly falls in love shortly thereafter. In the beginning he says he loves her immensely and says she is beautiful but does the following things. Mimicks her walk and laughs about it, says she has fat. He only did it...

Schizophrenic Daughter [ 4 Answers ]

How do I have my 32 year old daughter committed to a mental hospital? She hears voices, drinks continuously, has violent outbursts and cuts herself to "stop the pain".

Is my male cat "courting" me? [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 2 year old orange tabby named Mister Buddy. He was rescued by a friend from an apartment complex where his tail had been slammed in a door and it had to be amputated. After he came out of the vet's office he ended up with me and my DH. He was about 4 months old and the vet thinks he never...

Schizophrenic [ 6 Answers ]

My fiance's Adopted sister is schizophrenic she has her own apartment but her parents have always taken care of her bills. There now moving out of state and told her that if her sister didn't take care of her bills and money then they would turn her over to the state in which she wouldn't get much....

Courting A Lady [ 7 Answers ]

Hey Everyone, Well here is my situation. There's this girl that I've been seeing for a couple of weeks now. We've gotten kind of close but we haven't committed to a relationship. She's still seeing other guys and dealing with her ex-boyfriend. My question is what should I do to convince this...

View more questions Search