Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    darkangel69682 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2009, 05:56 PM
    Adopted child trying to seek back child support.
    I am a 23 year old female who was born in Ohio. I have been trying to figure out if I can get a DNA on the two men who are potentially my father, and get back child support. I did not receive any form of government or other support. I really would like to know this! Thank you!
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2009, 06:14 PM

No. Child support was never due to you and even if your mother was seeking it, its too late.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jan 22, 2009, 06:30 PM

If you were adopted, then whoever ADOPTED you owed support.

If you were adopted, then rights were signed over for you to be so--and the adoptive parent then became financially responsible for you.

So... no. You don't get back child support.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How far back can you sue for child support of your minor child [ 7 Answers ]

I am a single mother in Iowa of a 16 year old son. 5 years ago we went through all the correct channels to stop the child support order. CSRU is unpleasant to deal with and we decided to handle child support ourselves. Needless to say this has not worked out. He made payments for about 6 months...

Back child support for adult child [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Texas collecting back child support through a child support collection agency for my two adult children. I admitted years ago to my ex-husband that one of the adult child may not be his but he never took the DNA test and could not get the other man to take the test. This summer I learned...

Retro Pay of Child Support when son is adopted [ 5 Answers ]

Hi! Just wanted to find out if and how I can get my son's biological father for retro Child Support. My husband adopted my son in 2003. The biological father is not on the birth certificate nor has he been an active role in my son's life. I understand that I must establish paternity first,...

Child support for adopted son [ 3 Answers ]

I adopted a son about 4 years ago when I was married shortly after that me and my wife divorce and now I am stuck with paying child support for a none biological son. Is there anything in the law to prevent me from paying child suppor for a adopted son? Also the son that we adopted was my wife's...

View more questions Search