Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dawnandmikev Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2009, 05:39 PM
    Replacing moen shower faucet cartridge valve
    I have a 1988 moen single handle shower faucet that won't stop dripping. I took it apart, removed the u-shaped pin, but how do I remove the cartridge to replace the washers?
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2009, 06:04 PM

Click on the link below,follow the steps and find the single handle shower faucet click on start will show step by setp how to remove and install a cartridge, Good Luck.

John

Installation Help / Animated Tutorial - Installing the Moen 1225 / 1200 Cartridge
    blewis88 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2012, 12:24 PM
    John that link says page not found.do u know if I am to just tug on this thing since both screws are out
    dgotts Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2012, 11:57 AM
    Hey dawnandmikey,

Any luck? If so, please share. Am really at my wits end with this valve/cartridge.

Thanks.
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2012, 06:04 PM
    Hello Dgotts,

You responded to a 3 1/2 years old thread please check the date on the left upper corner before you post a thread, to answer your question, will need more info if you have problem with cartridge removal you may need a cartridge removal tool, see the image below, Thanks.

John
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Remove Moen tub faucet cartridge [ 14 Answers ]

Hi folks, I have a single handle Moen tub faucet that I'm trying to do some work on. A little description first. My bathtub faucet is teardrop shaped with the point of the teardrop pointing towards the floor. So when looking at it the writing is actually upside down. So to turn on the water...

How to stop leak in Moen single lever shower faucet by changing cartridge [ 3 Answers ]

How do you pull the cartridge out to change it?

Installing cartridge in single handle moen faucet for shower [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a trick to this - I cannot get the cartridge all the way in

Moen cartridge style tub faucet [ 1 Answers ]

My tub faucet was leaking and I replaced the cartridge (took me all day to figure it out!) Now I only get lukewarm water. I've read the other posts on this repair and my faucet (when it worked) used to pull out and you would turn it one way for hot, the other for cold. Inside the handle is one...

Replacing a moen cartridge [ 2 Answers ]

How do I remove the old cartridge from the faucet assembly??

View more questions Search