Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TQ79 Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2009, 03:57 PM
    Educational Guardianship
    Hi folks,

My sons been having difficulties in school.. I'll be honest I haven't the faintest idea what's what when it comes to dealing with teachers and principles. So I've asked my mother to help out. Problem is the school won't directly talk to her about the problems my sons been having. Saying that they can only legally talk to me (the parent). I understand that.. so as an alternative to benefit my sons future I'd like to assign my mother as his educational guardian.

Now I have searched high n low on the internet for the forms to print off so that I may do this and have come up empty. At least for ones pertaining to New York State. My question is does anyone have any links or other options where I could obtain the forms for this matter?

Below is what I'm generally looking for however I can not seem to find one that pertains to New York State or the school my son is currently attending.

http://www.cnv2.k12.wy.us/images/j%2...13%2094%20.pdf

In short where can I find that form, in reference to my state and county? I haven't found it on the internet on any of the NYS legal form sites I have visited thus far.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jan 25, 2009, 06:58 AM

I would ask the school, or at the school district, what you need to do in order for your mother to be kept informed of your son's progress. It may be something as simple as you writing a statement that is kept in his file.
    We have had that same type of situation in the past... with grandparents, aunts, and with step-parents.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 25, 2009, 07:52 AM

A specific power of attorney should be all that is needed.
    TQ79 Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2009, 06:29 AM

Thank you both for the answers I'll be sure check up on both options.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

US Educational loan [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I am currently having educational loan from US based bank. I am currently working on L1 visa. So will I get tax exemption based on educational loan and how much tax exemption will I get? Thanks, Kshama.

Educational background [ 1 Answers ]

Do employers for sales positions do extensive background checks for education?

View more questions Search