Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LUNAGODDESS Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Aug 2, 2006, 04:19 PM
    Minister is accused of being a snob... is true for all
    Bible snobs need to take note: confused: Bible snobs need to take note: I am watching the news here in Texas and I see a Minister on trial for raping a member of his congregation. This man has preached against drug abuse and turned out to be a substance abuser and a rapist. He said he had sex with these women and it was consensual. I am here to inform you one of these women was gay and a virgin… He is accused of luring women to a hotel to preach to them about the ways of heterosexual life style. I guess he is like some of the bible snobs in some of the threads I have read so far. This minister may have thought that he shall gave her a taste of a man …by first drugging her and then telling others that it was consensual. I wonder what this minister meant by the word consensual…let me write it here …should I understand it meant it was a Physiology term - logy used to describe an involuntary response to a voluntary movement from other body part. For example, the pupil of one eye constricting when the other eye is expose to light or was he relating to mutual consent involving the agreement of all involved requiring consent only law requiring only the consent of the parties involved to make it binding. It bothers me how religion has caused many of sorrows seen on television today…bible snobs understand that your stand only makes your position worse when television and your worse only express hatred and a lack of tolerance…remember a minister is on trial for deviate behavior and his stand was in support of these ideas expressed in threads that encouraged hatred and hostile actions against those not loving a god that is weak…the GOD I worship has power and is happy so what is wrong with yours…too weak to love.
    31pumpkin Posts: 379, Reputation: 50
    -

Aug 2, 2006, 07:17 PM
    I am sorry that you seem to be projecting a lot of anger from some newscast where the perp was a minister. Out of ten of thousands of ministers, there's bound to be corruption. What about the other perps in the general population?
    Don't blame God for this. Everyone has free will. He (being in the teaching) will be judged more strictly at judgment time. So the Bible says... and it still is news...
    Morganite Posts: 863, Reputation: 86

Aug 2, 2006, 07:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by LUNAGODDESS
    Bible snobs need to take note: confused: Bible snobs need to take note: I am watching the news here in Texas and I see a Minister on trial for raping a member of his congregation. This man has preached against drug abuse and turned out to be a substance abuser and a rapist. He said he had sex with these women and it was consensual. I am here to inform you one of these women was gay and a virgin… He is accused of luring women to a hotel to preach to them about the ways of heterosexual life style. I guess he is like some of the bible snobs in some of the threads I have read so far. This minister may have thought that he shall gave her a taste of a man …by first drugging her and then telling others that it was consensual. I wonder what this minister meant by the word consensual…let me write it here …should I understand it meant it was a Physiology term - logy used to describe an involuntary response to a voluntary movement from other body part. For example, the pupil of one eye constricting when the other eye is expose to light or was he relating to mutual consent involving the agreement of all involved requiring consent only law requiring only the consent of the parties involved to make it binding. It bothers me how religion has caused many of sorrows seen on television today…bible snobs understand that your stand only makes your position worse when television and your worse only express hatred and a lack of tolerance…remember a minister is on trial for deviate behavior and his stand was in support of these ideas expressed in threads that encouraged hatred and hostile actions against those not loving a god that is weak…the GOD I worship has power and is happy so what is wrong with yours…too weak to love.

Consensual means that what took place happened with the full agreement (consent) of both parties.

My God thanks you for enquiring after His health and asks me to inform you that His health is excellent and has never been better. Thank you for caring enough for everyone to want to help them without being just another bitter critic.

He also kindly suggests that you buy a dictionary. When you look up the words in your post then you will understand why He extends wisdom to you.

All love and go pleasant.

M:)

Aug 2, 2006, 08:16 PM
    The two usages of the word consensual was to show how one word can be used to misdirect and mislead and hide the truth…there by destroying the purpose of the creator…I will never blame God in my right mind for the injustices of this world that is in the hands of the separated one (evil)
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Aug 3, 2006, 01:25 AM
    No offense, but I kind of have to agree with 31pumpkin here... Dang, never thought I'd hear myself saying that! :eek: ;) But in all seriousness, I think she does have a point. It does seem like some of your anger is redirected.
    It is no great mystery, that I don't necessarily agree with the beliefs of some here. And I have been accused -- rightly or wrongly -- of being a tad bit inconsiderate or disrespectful once or twice. But I do feel there is a difference between lighthearted sarcasm and calling someone a "Bible snob." Like me, you may not agree with some of the views expressed, but we must try to keep it at least somewhat civilized. If in fact someone is wrong, hurling names only serves to reduce you to their level or lower.
    I do understand your anger, but as 31pumpkin said, we mustn't blame God for the acts of a few individuals. Like people who go into psychological professions in the hopes of finding the answers to their own problems, I think some people choose to become clergy in the hopes of outrunning or hiding from their own demons, so to speak. And perhaps for some, it doesn't work. I do like to believe that no one is so calculating as to purposely set out on such a path in order to take advantage of the easy faith and trust so freely offered people working in such capacities.
    A few bad apples doesn't mean the entire tree is diseased. There is nothing wrong with a bit of passionate debate, but let us try to have some respect for the fact that we are all seeking peace; if only for ourselves, but hopefully for all involved.
    Take care. :)
    K_3 Posts: 304, Reputation: 74

Aug 3, 2006, 07:52 AM
    I am a little confused here about who you are angry at? I believe anyone can go to school to become a minister. I was not aware that God came down and hand picked them. There are people all over the world that get into positions and occupations that harm others. Teachers that molest students. Police, politicians on the take. The list can go on. None of that is God's fault. I agree, it is awful when someone uses God as a cover to do evil things. Unfortunately, it happens. They will pay for what they do. I do not know where you get Bible Snobs out of that. Why would anyone be so naïve as to meet a minister in a hotel room for counseling anyway. Did he not have a church with an office?

Who is your God? If as you say he has power and is happy, why aren't you? I am sorry to hear you sounding so angry and hostile and unloving when you have a God that is so happy. My God is full of love and is very powerful.

Aug 3, 2006, 06:28 PM
    Why would anyone be so naïve as to meet a minister in a hotel room for counseling anyway. Did he not have a church with an office?
    K-3 good questions... there are too many people out here searching... and words that are helpful do last for most a life time... I saw the young lady she looked around 18 and yes naïve... I am just saying be careful to all... be careful... Jesus yelled... wolf's do wear sheep clothing...
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2006, 02:16 PM
    Sexual predators often go in for careers that place them in positions of authority and power... coaches, teachers, therapists, and yes, priests, ministers and rabbis. However, I don't think a particular priest or rabbi's deviant behaviour has anything to do with their religious beliefs, anymore than a deviant physician is that way because he has a medical degree. It's an issue personal to the predator, and for the most part, I think churches, synagogues and other religious organizations take these issues very seriously. In the past they may have tried to cover up or ignore this kind of behaviour in their leaders, but in those days, sexual abuses were covered up in all areas of society, not just in a church setting.

There are good and bad people in every religious affiliation. However the vast majority of priests and rabbis I have met have been wonderful, committed and caring individuals.
    kiwimac Posts: 22, Reputation: 7

Oct 6, 2006, 05:00 AM
    All folk are different. As Ministers / Priests / Rabbis / Imams / Lamas are a subset of people, it follows that they too will be different. Just as some politicians take bribes, some religious leaders use their positions for their ego's gratification.

Oct 6, 2006, 09:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwimac
    All folk are different. As Ministers / Priests / Rabbis / Imams / Lamas are a subset of people, it follows that they too will be different. Just as some politicians take bribes, some religious leaders use their positions for their ego's gratification.
    Is it your position that only politicians and ministers of religion gratify their 'egos' and that the rest of humanity, in which you doubtless include yourself, is far above that kind of thing?

I challenge your theory that there are 'subsets' of people who act in ways peculiar to themselves but alien to the rest of the human race. On what foundation do you build that concept?

M:)RGANITE

Oct 6, 2006, 09:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by LUNAGODDESS
    What in Hades is a Bible Snob?

M:)RGANITE the CURI:)US

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is he just using me or is he true [ 15 Answers ]

OK so there's this guy that I used to have a past with last year. And then the other day he stopped by my house to talk and he was like you well I've decided that I want to start over where we left off and the before he left we madeout. I mean I'm really happy and all because I've wanted this...

Is it true? [ 15 Answers ]

I've heard people say that our higher power has helped them through troubled times. I never gave my faith a chance. Can anyone tell me if their faith has helped them through troubled times, fight addiction, helped them to become better people... happier people?

Is this true? [ 12 Answers ]

All right, is it true that 30% of girls can't have orgasims or is that just false? But OK, Ive been with my boyfriend for about 5 months and I haven't had an orgasm... but, see I know the feeling. Ive had to feeling come many time before but they don't last... what do I do to keeep it! When I...

Being false accused [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any law on the books that would help us on being falsely accused of something when are findings have proved otherwise? Is there any criminal/civil lawsuit that we could pursue on the people accusing?

View more questions Search