Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DownUnder Posts: 492, Reputation: 24

Aug 16, 2009, 03:20 PM

Poor thing! All you can do is blame someone else for your lack of responsibility! I quess your rambling on is the only way you can console yourself! Those who blame others for their misfortunes have poor self worth!
    I refuse to reply anymore to your posts because I will not lower myself to your standards . I feel sorry for you. You must have no life at all! Such a pity... oh by the way I will request that the administrators
    Remove your rambling as this is a help desk not a counseling session! Also where did you get the idea I worked for american express? That's a laugh!
    dincher Posts: 163, Reputation: 12

Aug 16, 2009, 06:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DownUnder View Post
    Poor thing! all you can do is blame someone else for your lack of responsiblity! I quess your rambling on is the only way you can console yourself! those who blame others for their misfortunes have poor self worth!
    I refuse to reply anymore to your posts because I will not lower myself to your standards . I feel sorry for you. you must have no life at all! such a pity .....................oh by the way I will request that the administrators
    remove your rambling as this is a help desk not a counseling session! also where did you get the idea I worked for american express?! Thats a laugh!
    LOL - I won ;)
    HUDMAN Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2009, 09:56 AM
    How about this? I have never missed an AX payment - EVER! I've had an AX card for over 20 years. I have also never barrowed over my credit limit. And, I make more money now than I ever have in my entire life. But... AX still decided (in their best interest?) to reduce my credit line from $40,000 to $500 on one card, and reduce my credit line to just BELOW what I owe on another, creating an Over-The-Limit fee, and my beautiful 8.99% rate is now a 27.99% rate. Because of this, my credit score went down almost 100 points.

What did I do? I sent them the damn $1,500 and paid it off, but what I really want to do is try to figure out how much more it's going to cost me on new loans, because of my now lower credit score, and how much more money it will cost to get my score back to where it was, and sue AX for that amount.

I think it's funny... Those with bad credit will stop paying them, (AND I DON'T BLAME THEM!) and those with good credit will NEVER EVER EVER - I MEAN EVER use them again. How are they going to stay in business? Most businesses don't accept AX anyway - I wonder how much governmet bailout money they'll be looking for once they run off all their existing customers and are looking at their own credit problems... I hope I get to vote on that one...
    gilmores33 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2009, 05:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nessa_27 View Post
    Dincher -

Not to throw anyone under the bus or anything but the reason you have a default interest rate (which AGAIN is NOT standard) is because either you pay late OR you continuosly go over your limit. That is NOT Amex's fault. It also is a standard to lower it back down the first time it happens after we educate you.....meaning whatever offense you commited was continued for your interest rate to remain at 27.99%....

Ever heard of responsible borrowing? You should try it sometime.

It's really quite irritating that when I try to be nice and offer insider information about the CARE program so you CAN reasonably make payments and get out from under your debt you act like an idiot. I'm sure NO ONE at Amex MADE you use our card.....so try taking a little responsibility.

Regardless, I'm a consumer too. Everyday I do what I can to help people make smart educated decisions about their debt. Your rudeness is really not appreciated and out of line. I'm a single mother and I work my @$$ off to make sure my responsibilities are taken care of. Perhaps you should get another job to help you manage yours.
    Thanks for providing this valuable info. Some people do appreciate it.

My wife has had perfect credit her entire life and has been using an AMEX to help her purchase inventory for an online retail shop she owns. Several months ago, she was hit with an unexpected invoice. She called AMEX immediately and explained that it was unexpected and asked if she could pay over time. They put her into the CARE program and she's been making automatic payments for several months.

Today, she received a letter from another creditor stating they were lowering her credit limit due to a collection status on her credit report. Low and behold, there it was... American Express collection. She called AMEX and explained that she would've never accepted the offer if she knew it would negatively affect her credit report. They told her there was nothing they could do about it.

Is this a common complaint? They said they read her a disclosure with this information. As I've said, she's never had so much as a late payment and now this is affecting her scores enough to hurt other creditor relations.

What do you suggest? Is it possible to get this off her report?

Thanks!
    KC

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Outlook Express [ 6 Answers ]

How do I retrieve files once Outlook express has Auto compacted them. I want to get information from the files that went off my screen. Is there a path to locate these files.? Aljay

Express mail [ 7 Answers ]

Sorry if I put this in the wrong place, and if I did, tell me where to put it. If I wanted to use express mail to Turkey (don't know if I can or not) from the U.S. about maybe 2 or 3 ounces, how much would it cost me?

Outlook Express [ 6 Answers ]

I am using Windows 98 Second Edition and using Outlook Express for I mail. Tonight my e-mail did not download and I got the following error message. Just would like to know if someone can tell me what the message means and how to remedy the problem. The eroor message is; "Your server has...

PCI Express [ 1 Answers ]

I have a nVidia GeForce 6800 (128 MB ) AGP 8x . Will this card work on a M/Board with PCI Express 16x ? Can Anybody please tell me.

View more questions Search