Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rxpalmtrees Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2006, 03:54 PM
    Help! Green hue to hair!
    I had blonde hair, tried to make it not so blonde with an ash colored home hair kit, not so good. Had a green hue afterwards, so I thought a darker ash/neutral blonde would work, nope. Just darker with a green hue. So I got a light golden brown, roots are the right color, but not the rest.I can't afford to go to a salon right now (live in la) what type of hair color should I get to help. I think I read that a color with reddish tone will get that out. But not so sure. PLEASE HELP ME SOMEONE. Thank you so much.:eek:
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Aug 2, 2006, 11:56 PM
    Hi Rxpalmtrees,
    Don't know a great deal about hair coloring, I'll defer to the very knowledgeable people on this board. Just wanted to caution you about overtreating. Dyes are very hard on your hair. I know it's difficult, but please try not to color any more, until someone can at least give you a more knowledgeable answer. Just don't want to see you do serious damage to your hair. Though technically, red and green will combine to create brown, your hair's chemistry aside, so that does sound like pretty sound advice.
    Take care. Hope you get a better answer soon. :)
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Aug 7, 2006, 07:39 PM
    Rxpalmtrees, some brown dyes have a green base in them, which can cause light hair to turn green. Red neutralizes green or ashiness. Try using a reddish toner to get rid of the green, then apply your desired color.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

HELP! Brown hair color turned my hair a dark red! [ 31 Answers ]

So my girlfriend helped me color my hair to hide a few gray hairs coming in. Its usually a light to med brown, thought I might go darker. We used Loreal excellence crème ( Medium Brown). It actuall turned my hair into almost a dark redish brown, looks like I have naturally dark red hair! HELP! ...

Green Hair! [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I've had blonde hair for 5 years and I decided to try dying it to a dark brown - bad idea. I should have not used permanent dye:mad: . At first it looked okay and I started to like it but now its fading to a green hue. I think I want to go back to blonde again. Can I try dying it back to the...

Fake green bills [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, At the end of May 2006, I withdrew $1,000 (in 10 of $100 bills) from a local Bank of America branch, and gave these money to my sister as her wedding gift. Last month, my sister, who lives in another country, went to her local bank to exchange these $1,000 into local currency. However, the...

Green Arrows Age [ 1 Answers ]

How old is Oliver Queen(Green Arrow)?He was stuck on an island for 15 years and has an adult son.

From the queen of mean I am green [ 8 Answers ]

Hey ladies and gentle men(yes you men too) if you want to have great skin its called noxema and olay moisturizer. My grandmother has used noxema to clean her face since she was a teenager and uses olay after she washes. She has glowing, baby smooth skin and she gets asked out by the young men all...

View more questions Search