Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Candace0118 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2006, 03:24 PM
    Starting a business
    I am interested in starting a business.. I need to know what are the things that I have to have by law before I do any work... can you help..
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 2, 2006, 06:38 PM
    For to vague of question, there it would take 1000 pages just to cover IRS rules on starting a business,

Another 10000 about business plans, business loans , business insurance, city, county and state licences. Bonding if your businss requires that.

Depending on business have you done a marketing plan, for a location have you done a traffic survey

I could go on and on and on.

What type of business, what county, if US what state will help narrow some things.

Are you going to start a business transporting atomic waste from power plants, or a dog walking service , laws will vary
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 3, 2006, 06:32 AM
    As Chuck noted your question is really too vague to answer. The type of business has a huge bearing on what needs to be done.

I can point you to two excellent resources to help you:

www.score.org an association of retried execs who volunteer their expertise
    www.sba.gov the US govt's Small Business Administration site

You can also search the WEB for Business Plan software, that can walk you through the process of developing a business plan.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Starting up in business [ 2 Answers ]

Hi please could you give me advice as to where I start , in starting my own cleaning firm. Where to go?any grants available etc thank you very much

Starting a office cleaning business [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking into starting my own office cleaning business. My question is when your first starting and you have NO current customer's to use as references. How can you tell a potential customer that you have NO customer's at this time, and at the same time assure them you can do the work? ...

Just starting [ 1 Answers ]

Any loan officers that can help me start in the biz need some good sales lines for honest person ;)

Business to business vs Business to Consumer retail [ 1 Answers ]

How does Business to business retail differ from business to consumer retail?

View more questions Search