Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ragedigital Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2009, 09:20 AM
    "I have a Drain!" I need a vent.
    I wanted to get some opinions on where I should run my vent between a sink and a shower - from 2 different attached basement bathrooms.

Below is the CAD drawing showing where the stack is (purple dot), the sink drain (royal blue dot) and the shower vent (light blue dot) as well as the pipe that will connect the 2.

The reason that shower vent is there is because we switched from a tub/shower to a shower only, put a tee in there and figured we could use that as a vent. However, there is a shelf above that vent now and I'd rather not vent from there (#1).

Where should I put the vent between the sink and the shower? I have put numbers in there for easier referencing. I was hoping to put in where #2 or #3 is... Possible?

There is both a 4" as well as an 1-1/2" pipe going up through the floor. The 1-1/2" serves the bathroom sink on the left.

Can I assume that I can tie into that 1-1/2" pipe for ventilation?

Many thanks,

Darrin

Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jan 22, 2009, 11:31 AM

I see some PVC pipes on the extremer right in your photo. What are those ?
    ragedigital Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2009, 11:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Milo Dolezal View Post
    I see some PVC pipes on the extremer right in your photo. What are those ?
    Direct vent Furnace...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much "stuff" on a 4" vent stack? [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, I've got a 4" stack in a 3-storey house and I'd like to run the following into it: 1st Floor: 2 kitchen sinks (back-to-back 2") 2nd Floor: 2 toilets (back-to-back 3"); 2 lavatories (1.5"); 1 bathtub (1.5") 3rd Floor: 1 toilet (3"); 1 lavatory (1.5"); 1 bathtub (1.5") Is this OK, or...

Tying 2" drain pipe to perpendicular 3" drain line under slap [ 3 Answers ]

I want to avoid a 90 degree bend under slab. However, I have to reduce from the 2" pipe that drains the WM to the 3" main drain line, and the reducing tee I find has a very small sweep. Do I need to use a reducing combination wye and is there such thing?

Vent for a 4" floor drain [ 1 Answers ]

What size is the vent ona four inch floor drain?

Using "Studor" mini vent in bathroom wall [ 1 Answers ]

I am completely renovating a bathroom in a 1973 mobile home. There is no vent stack from any of the toilet, tub or lav fixtures. I plan to install the "Studor" vent in the wall. Can I use one vent for two fixtures or does each fixture need it's own vent?

View more questions Search