Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2009, 10:32 PM
    Have you seen this movie?
    I just finished watching "The Other Conquest" (La Otra Conquista) and found it intense. It is set in Mexico around the time of Cortez's rise to power in the New World.

The concept presented, I think, is that God belongs to everyone. It felt both horrifying and validating. Has anyone seen it and have thoughts to share?

Was it blasphemous?
    Enlightening?
    A bunch of lies?
    A view of the truth?
    Filmmaker fantasy?
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2009, 03:17 AM

No one has ever seen it?
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Jan 31, 2009, 08:04 AM

I've never seen it but I do agree with the statement that God belongs to everyone. Because God, IS everyone.

There are different levels of consciousness. Some people are more "aware" of the "God within" than others. I think ALL LIFE FORM is energy, and all energy is God. We humans conduct ourselves from a more shallow place called the ego. Ego is our "devil" and makes us do all sorts of selfish things to strengthen it. God is present in the stillness beneath the ego. The observer.

Many may disagree with me and that's okay. To each his own. I have just found through my long quest of faith, that this explanation makes more sense to my reasoning ability than anything I've come across. It cuts to the chase and to the core of who we really are. We are not human beings, we are beings having a human experience.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Late 80's movie evil guy turning things to stone cartoon movie [ 8 Answers ]

A movie that came out in late 1980's with a lady who had friends that were weird little dwarfs and an evil guy who turned into a bat would turn things into stone kind of a snow white movie during the movie I just died in your arms played in it and the dwarfs or whatever were singing in it and at...

Very Very Vague Description of 80's Children Movie... Need movie title [ 8 Answers ]

Ok there's probably no hope here but I'll try anyway... There is a movie I watched when I was very young and would like to get a hold of it. It was in the mid 80's when I watched it but the movie could have been made in the 70's sometime. Pretty much the only part I can remember is these...

A fishing movie, an anime and a ninja movie from the 60's to late 80's [ 2 Answers ]

Hello everybody, and thx for checking out my topic:) As most people i would like to re-live som special moments of my life with the help of these movies, my childhood memories. Some of these movies made me very happy when i was a little kid. Now in my later years and in troubled times....i would...

View more questions Search