Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ropeboarddanny Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2009, 09:38 PM
    good weight lifting or any type of exercises for 16-18 yr old
    I need some weightlifting or just exercise tips (no matter how random), that may help in muscle building.. for a teen that is safe, easy and inexpensive.

p.s. I know about the running and diet stuff... most diet stuff
    bmc_imr4308 Posts: 42, Reputation: 3

Jan 22, 2009, 01:53 PM
    Do you have a home lifting system? And if not then I would suggest about 40 pushups and how ever many situps you would like to do. This will build your arms and your abs. But make sure you make this a daily routine.
    ropeboarddanny Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2009, 06:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bmc_imr4308 View Post
    Do you have a home lifting system? And if not then i would suggest about 40 pushups and how ever many situps you would like to do. This will build your arms and your abs. But make sure you make this a daily routine.
    I do have a bench press with dumbells. However I'm sure I've heard that the best way is to make changes and not do the same exercises the same over and over, is this right?
    Bois323 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2009, 09:54 AM
    At a beginning stage of any exercise program it is important to train your ab core muscles. Having a strong core will help to stabilize the spine and actually help you lift heavier weights which in turn will build muscles faster.

It can also help prevent injury especially lower back. After about one month of doing a core exercise routine you will notice that everyday activity you do will be easier and this will give you more energy. A lot of people don't realize that you use your core muscles in everyday activity such as walking or even sitting down and standing up. If these are strong you use less energy.

A good ressources with a good workout is this ab core exercises page.
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2009, 09:55 AM
    Go to VideoJug - Life Explained. On Film. and do a search [i.e. abs exercise, calf excercises, etc]. It's like a YouTube but a lot better.

I love this site.

MRS.S
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Apr 18, 2009, 12:42 PM
    I started lifting weights in high school too. You don't need fancy, expensive equipment to get a good workout. All you need are a weight bench and bar with some removable weights and collars, gloves, dumbells and a chin-up bar and you're ready to go.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Good weight lifting workout with limited weights [ 1 Answers ]

I purchassed a rather simple homegym from walmart,and I have basically outgrown the equipment.the main problem is it only has a hundred pounds of weight.I can do every arm ,leg,and other exercises far to many reps to accomplish what I'm trying to accomplish which is gain bigger muscles bigger body...

Weight lifting [ 3 Answers ]

I am a 59 year old male who has been lifting weights for 40 years. After having hiatal hernia surgery, should I continue to lift heavy weights?

Weight lifting [ 2 Answers ]

Ive gotten to the point now where I divide my exericses groups into day such as my chest and legs one day and then my biceps and triceps the next time I work out etc.. I just wondering should I be doing multiple exercises per muscle so do three chest exercises on the day I do my chest and so on? ...

Does anyone know any good leg exercises? [ 4 Answers ]

:) Hi again, Does anyone know any good exercises for your legs? I really want to burn the fat off, and gain muscle.Anything would be great even if it is just one exercise.Thanks a million.:)

Weight lifting [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering if it is OK to do a full body workout three days a week? Also when is the best time to do a workout I usually do it around 4 or 5 pm.

View more questions Search