Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Aug 1, 2006, 10:22 PM
    Pre labor/False labor
    Ok odd question.
    How long can pre labor last? I have been having contractions since Sunday and they don't get any closer and/or change in intesity. I was just wondering since even with two previous births I have never before experienced this. I don't even know if it is pre labor or not. I just thought I would see if anyone else has gone through it and maybe compare notes or something. Oh side note... I do have a dr appt tomorrow... well today now. I will ask my dr about it then, but until I see him I figured this was the next best thing.
    momincali Posts: 641, Reputation: 242

Aug 1, 2006, 10:29 PM
    I had false labor for 2 1/2 days with my 3rd baby. I knew they were false because after 20 minutes of quick pace walking they would subside, only to come back a few hours later. Any change in my activity, or level of activity would reduce the pain. They also didn't increase in intensity. They stopped and 2 days later I went into active labor. Call your doc and keep close tabs on the movement of the baby! Happy Pushing!
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Aug 2, 2006, 04:20 AM
    I have a dr appt later today... ugg it's been three days of this now... didn't get much sleep last night at all between bathroom trips and the b/h contractions. I don't know that my dr will let me labor at this point since I'm not even 32 weeks (will be on friday) He might though since I'm probably measuring over 40 weeks now. I honestly feel like I've been in labor since Sunday. It seems that the only thing that helps is sitting and rocking. The babies are still moving around but not during the contractions. They typically move after the pains are over. I cannot wait to see my dr. today. I'll know then if he's going to order magnesium sulfate? Or not. He did tell me that at 34 weeks he would only stop labor for a few days to give me the steroid shot, and then let me go. I hope he'll consider that for a week or two early. I know they both weigh around 4lbs now. So essentally I'm carrying 8lbs of baby and my body is saying enough is enough. I was nesting last week and partially defrosted the freezer, Drew made me stop since it was almost one in the morning at the time... LOL. I feel like it's going to be any day now... I don't know how much longer my body will hold out. I don't even feel too tired after only two hours of sleep last night. Keep your fingers crossed though I'm not sure if that's for delivery or to keep them in... lol. Thanks

Sorry momincali, got the spread it around message...
    mysterious3000 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Oct 12, 2009, 04:44 PM

False labor and true labor are very tricky and can be very hard to tell the difference at times. Ive given birth to four children and am now 37 weeks pregnant with my 5th each time was different but what I think may be going on is that your body is preparing its self for the real thing now if contractions get more frequent and regular in consistincy then I would say pack that bag and shoot for labor and delivery
    krafteame Posts: 48, Reputation: 11

Oct 6, 2012, 03:27 PM
    Wow big jump in dates from first post Aug 2,2006 and last post from someone oct 13,2000, Does anyone know if she was indeed in labor or if she has given birth by now? I just notice OP had not posted 'back again.That is a long distance in dates

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help Cat In Labor! [ 11 Answers ]

Yesterday my cat's kittens were moving rapidly in her stomach and she starting having contractions at about 2:00pm. She hasn't done anything since! This morning I noticed her having some small contractions. (wave-like motions) I am wondering how long she can go on with having these contractions...

Cat In Labor [ 5 Answers ]

How long does it last from the time the cat starts contractions to the time they give birth to the first kitten?

Labor law in pa [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know if a 17 year old can be hired to be a grounds keeper at a business. He will be running lawn tractors/weed eaters/and snow plows

Labor soon? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I am 36 weeks with my first child. I went to my doctor yesteday and he said I was dilated to a 2. Last night I woke up at 4:30 am because my stomach felt extremely tight kind of like contractions, but not regular. I couldn't go back to sleep. Could I be going into labor before I am expected...

Is my cat in labor? [ 2 Answers ]

My friend has a cat who is very pregnant. She doesn't know when exactly she became pregnant but thinks it might be around Oct. 5. The kittens are moving continuously right now and the mom to be is very gassy and not too interested in eating. She always wants to lay down next to my friend and be...

View more questions Search