Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kayz Posts: 6, Reputation: 0

Aug 1, 2006, 10:10 PM
    How can you tell if a guy really Loves/Likes You ?
    I'm 17 years old I had a couple of boyfriends yeah but then I had some who told me that they loved me or just don't want to be in a long term relationship but I hate that because then its like wasting time I want to know what I'm getting into you know I don't want to waste time on a 3 or 4 month relationship when I could get better or do better or when there's so many guys out there looking for what I'm looking for but they how can you tell if they really "Like" You or "Love" You especially for Teens most of the times its Just "Lust" or "Infatuation" How can you tell if its reall if he's really the one for You.. :confused: :o :cool: :) :confused:
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2006, 12:51 AM
    It is a hard question.
    At the beginning of each relationship you just can't know that answer!
    Although saying that when I meet my guy I just knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him and the feeling was mutual. I was 19.

But a relatiosnhip starts with Like and Lust. Not Love.
    Love grows when you get to know that person through and through which could take months.
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2006, 01:14 AM
    There really is no way of telling there's no flashing lights saying "this is the one" or " together forever".
    Im afraid loves quite a game of hit and miss there are many out there that never find there one true love.
    Or you could be like me I was with my ex for 11 years and it wasn't until I met ben that I realised cripes this guy really isn't for me but I knew no matter what was thrown at us id be with ben till the end of time.
    Its hard but then so is life but you just got to grab it by the horns and take the chance you never know what tomorrow brings.
    I will say one thing though just because he says he loves you doesn't mean you have to go full throttle in all departments i.e sex enjoy your time but don't let things pass you by.
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2006, 01:17 AM
    Totally agree Curlybenswife!
    Teenage boys (no offence) use the Love word often enough just to see how naïve the girl is in believing him so that she has sex with them!

Love isn't something that happens over night. Or even after 1 or 2 week relationship. Falling in love is another matter.

Be wise!
    banana manzana Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2008, 07:59 PM
    Well I had a boyfriend he was really in love with me ,but the thing was that I was so scared of getting hurt I wasn't as sweet with as he was with me so he got frustrated so he looked for a friend... the thing was is that as he talked with his friend he started liking her:( so when I found out by a friend of both of us I was heart broken but she told me that he hadn't done anything with her that they only talked on the phone and that he always said that he loved me too much to be unfaithful to me , so that night it was our anniversary , so my friend told me that he was going to tell me so I waited and talked to him and he told me to remember that he truly loved me but he had met someone , and I was like but you promised you would never hurt me , and he started crying aND TOLD ME THAT WHY Couldn't I BEEN SWEET WITH HIM (but he also said one thing wich I don't understand he said I wasn't his type:confused: ).
    Now after a week that that happened he says that he truly loves me and why don't we get together , and I talked to the and she told me that things didn't work out between them for two reasons one he isn't her type and two he was just o in love with me...
    But the thing is if he really loved me he wouldn't have done that you don't leave the one you love for the one you like... my question is should I give him another chance??
    Ooh and he had only a three days of knowing her and in that same week he said that she wasn't right for him...
    So what do you think, does he deserve a second chance or not?? :confused: :confused:
    banana manzana Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2008, 08:24 PM
    Well I had a boyfriend he was really in love with me ,but the thing was that I was so scared of getting hurt I wasn't as sweet with as he was with me so he got frustrated so he looked for a friend... the thing was is that as he talked with his friend he started liking her:( so when I found out by a friend of both of us I was heart broken but she told me that he hadn't done anything with her that they only talked on the phone and that he always said that he loved me too much to be unfaithful to me , so that night it was our anniversary , so my friend told me that he was going to tell me so I waited and talked to him and he told me to remember that he truly loved me but he had met someone , and I was like but you promised you would never hurt me , and he started crying aND TOLD ME THAT WHY Couldn't I BEEN SWEET WITH HIM (but he also said one thing wich I don't understand he said I wasn't his type:confused: ).
    Now after a week that that happened he says that he truly loves me and why don't we get together , and I talked to the and she told me that things didn't work out between them for two reasons one he isn't her type and two he was just o in love with me...
    But the thing is if he really loved me he wouldn't have done that you don't leave the one you love for the one you like... my question is should I give him another chance??
    Ooh and he had only a three days of knowing her and in that same week he said that she wasn't right for him...
    So what do you think, does he deserve a second chance or not?? :confused: :confused:
    Breeze2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2010, 10:09 PM
    banana manzana, yes I do think that you should give him another chance. He loves you. You made a mistake first by not showing him how you felt, and then he made a mistake by giving up. All in the name of love. Neither one of you is perfect. I know you must be hurt, but you have to understand that he was too. You have to try to put yourself in his shoes. If you love him, tell him and forgive him. Because that's what love is all about. Take care :)
    loverlover Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2011, 09:04 AM
    [B]Well, I can understand how you feel I dated a guy for a month and I really felt he was the one for me , even though I am 17 & don't know aything . But I really did "love" him and I miss him a lot. It sucks. Its hard to really say what love is , I don't think anyone really knows. But all we can do is love with all our hearts and hope that we will be loved back I think everyone wants & needs to be loved.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

She loves me she loves me not [ 7 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have been on and off for the past 6 months. She liked this other guy before we started dating and now I'm confused if I should trust her or not with him. She also hasn't shown much interest in our relationship. What do I do?

My man loves me when I look good [ 12 Answers ]

Hi, my fiance's nice with me when I look good and talks about marriage has to be soon when I look good and of course I do not look good all the time like I do not dress up and put make up all the time and on those days he is not into me that much and acting like he is not ready like we fight and we...

To the girl who loves red [ 1 Answers ]

This is not a question. This is a message I have got to a young teen who loves the colour red. It is important to tell your mum about the situation. You don't always see eye to eye but she will support you in this 100%. Your friend is not being honest with you, and you have a tremendous amount...

Help me please do you think he still likes me? [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my ex broke up 4 months ago because he thought I lied to him but really I didn't.but we still talk sometimes and I just talked to him online a few min ago and my pro is all about him and at the end I have I still love you a lot!. and his name he read it and was like why do you still like me...

View more questions Search