Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crstark Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2009, 11:06 AM
    Childcare reciepts
    I am going to start watching a child in my house and am needing some information about providing receipts for the parent. I don't have a tax ID number because I will not be making much off it(65.00 dollars a week) and was wondering if I had to provide a 1090 or if I can just provide receipts weekly. Any info would help.

Thanks
    seashell99 Posts: 42, Reputation: 4

Jan 22, 2009, 09:23 PM
    Even if you only make $65 per week, that's 3380.00 per year. If your parent wants to claim that for a child care credit, you would provide them your ss#. Now that means that they are going to provide that to the IRS and you will have to make sure you report those earnings. I would think (although not 100% sure) but a monthly receipt would suffice, unless they want it week to week. Any type of receipt showing dates, amt paid and how paid, and names would suffice

--shel
    codyman144 Posts: 544, Reputation: 31

Jan 23, 2009, 02:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by seashell99 View Post
    Even if you only make $65 per week, that's 3380.00 per year. If your parent wants to claim that for a child care credit, you would provide them your ss#. Now that means that they are going to provide that to the IRS and you will have to make sure you report those earnings. I would think (although not 100% sure) but a monthly receipt would suffice, unless they want it week to week. Any type of receipt showing dates, amt paid and how paid, and names would suffice

--shel
    This is correct

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is oral rental agreement legally binding with rent reciepts in blount county, TN [ 8 Answers ]

I live in blount county in Tennessee. I have an oral rental agreement with the landlord. She got mad and told us that since there is no written agreement we are considered as tresspassing and she can throw us out at any time. I found one law site that said oral contracts was legal as long as the...

Do I need to pay Tax on my Childcare Income? [ 5 Answers ]

I am providing part-time childcare for a friend's child. My friend is able to be reimbursed for her childcare expenses by the company she works for if she gives them my name, social security number and weekly receipts for the childcare expenses. If I give her company the information they are...

Income was from tutorials and childcare [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, thanks for the answer to my previous post. But I do have some other matters that I need clarification from, which I believe I failed to make clear. 1) I earned 4500 for childcare, but tutorials for the same children. I worked for two families, and probably earned 3500 from one family. I did...

View more questions Search