Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    oscarlicous Posts: 154, Reputation: 10

Jan 21, 2009, 09:29 AM
    Future career
    OK I was wanting to become an archaeologist when I go up. I am 15 and I was just wondering where would I look at for a good college to go to. I am really interrested in this job and would really want to go to college. Could some one please help me with my prolbem. My dad said I was dreaming a little to big, but I want to prove him wrong.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2009, 09:33 AM

In my opinion, archaeology is not "big"... so I'm not sure what your father is thinking about it. I'm not saying to not listen to him, but be sure to keep your goals in mind.

I know of some big name archaeologists (and NO, Simcha is NOT an archaeologist) but for the most part, archaeologists just make a decent wage but are not "wealthy" (financially speaking).

If your grades are good - and you're willing to dig a little, you can get scholarship money. Start now and get knowledgeable in the field. Check with colleges near you for info on their archaeology department...

Talk to them and talk to who they suggest you talk to.

HANG IN THERE! I'm one who wishes I could do it all over again... If I could I'd be an archaeologist.

PS - Also check into the Biblical Archaeology Society: they do a 10,000 scholarship every year ;)
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 28, 2009, 10:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by oscarlicous View Post
    ok i was wanting to become an archaeologist when i go up. i am 15 and i was just wondering where would i look at for a good college to go to. i am really interrested in this job and would really want to go to college. coudl some one please help me with my prolbem. my dad said i was dreaming a little to big, but i want to prove him wrong.
    I too have a more then passing interest in this field. I pursued it to some degree in my college days by going on digs around Ontario and other provinces as they were offered and if one had the money to travel and stay.

There is a lot going on in the archeology field these days because of new technology. You may be interested in this website which is quite interesting, may guide you somewhat in knowing what is available and what degrees you may have to earn in order to succeed and find a posting in this field:

Archaeology.about.com/od/careersinarchaeology/Careers_in_Archaeology.htm -

Sorry, you wll have to cut and paste to access the site

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Uncertain about future career [ 9 Answers ]

I'm a senior in college & I'll be graduating soon... however, I STILL DON'T KNOW what career I would like to pursue. The things I'm interested in do not make as much money as I want, but I'm sure I'll enjoy my job. I'm torn between pursuing something I enjoy or something that will make me $$$... (I...

Career and future aspirations [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know what information can I put in this questionnaire for an application for employment wit the bank such as a summary of my career and future aspirations

My future career [ 2 Answers ]

I am planning to become a GP (general practitioner) once I finished studying high school and in order to do that, I have to study medecine in university. I know that to get into medecine, you have to physics, chemistry, human biology, engish, and also a type of maths which I don't know.CAn some...

Future Career with background [ 2 Answers ]

Hello Can a person who has a felony for embezzlement still become a nurse?

My future Career [ 1 Answers ]

How would you describe my coming life cause it seem to have a block.

View more questions Search