Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Redbaron Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2009, 08:59 PM
    New hvac Unit
    Looking to replace my not so efficient hvac unit. Considering goodman or trane. Any suggestions ? Presently my eer is like 79 or 80. Shouldn't it be like 92 ?
    MarkwithaK Posts: 955, Reputation: 107

Jan 20, 2009, 09:11 PM

As far as I'm concerned you can't go wrong with the Goodman equipment. I would run far and fast from Trane though. Over-priced and parts availability can be an issue. With Goodman parts are readily available and chances are if you cannot find OEM replacements a universal will usually work. The same cannot be said for Trane.
    Redbaron Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2009, 09:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkwithaK View Post
    As far as I'm concerned you can't go wrong with the Goodman equipment. I would run far and fast from Trane though. Over-priced and parts availability can be an issue. With Goodman parts are readily available and chances are if you cannot find OEM replacements a universal will usually work. The same cannot be said for Trane.
    Thank you. I'll let you know how it works out.
    MarkwithaK Posts: 955, Reputation: 107

Jan 20, 2009, 09:31 PM

Good luck.
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Jan 20, 2009, 09:44 PM

Go with Goodman,the warranty is good and the qaulity is comparable to any high-end brand. I have yet to have any problems with Goodman warranty.
    dac122 Posts: 463, Reputation: 17

Jan 21, 2009, 10:20 AM

Installation is key. A bad installation on top of the line equipment is worse than a good installation on sub par equipment. Make sure they do a Manual J to size it right and go with someone with a good reputation. Having them do a Manual J beforehand also gives you a chance to observe their work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hvac Unit Specs [ 2 Answers ]

What are the specs for an Intertherm Furnace Model number MIMC090ABW?

Replace HVAC unit [ 9 Answers ]

We need to replace our Rheem Model RC8A-6089GG243 with an energy efficient, quieter model. We do not want a heat pump and it doesn't have to be a Rheem unit. ( Located in northern Mississippi.) Thank you.

Replace HVAC unit [ 1 Answers ]

Would like a recommendation on replacing Rheem Model RC8A-6089GG243 with a quieter, more energy efficient unit. Any suggestions?

Hvac unit [ 6 Answers ]

I have a luxaire gas furnace and the heat keeps cutting off. When it cuts off, I have a red light that flashes 4 times. What does this mean?

HVAC unit power [ 1 Answers ]

How do I turn off the HVAC unit power?

View more questions Search