Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    starrysilver Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2003, 09:18 AM
    Suicide
    Hello, we are a group of students currently working on an important project, on suicide inducing lyrics.

Our stand is that the suicide victims were already in a state of mental/emotional instability, and their death was not directly influenced by the lyrics.

Would you be able to offer any assistance to us, in the form of cases(specific examples, if possible), psychiatric information or any medical references?

Thank you.
    chaz1797 Posts: 79, Reputation: 2

May 16, 2003, 02:49 AM
    suicide
    You know your right in thinking that in order for someone to get into the state of mind of suicide they must have had other issued before they got to this point, however there have been victims of suicide that have happened in the minute after a mishap, so explore your theroy and not just say that there has to be prior mental issues before someone thinks of suicide.It is not all based on people having mental issues, it could stem from a variety of things... Best of luck in your research and studies and God Bless

Chaz :)
    elrp Posts: 58, Reputation: 3

Nov 26, 2003, 04:01 PM
    suicide
    An example of a song that can show all music doesn't influence suicide is Good Charlotte - Hold On. A good lyrics website is www.azlyrics.com

Also Eminem - Sing for the moment (the title is something along those lines, I can't remember the exact name). It talks about how music can affect people but it doesn't make them do the things they do. One line I remember says something about a song can't load a gun and shoot for you, it's down to the individual.

If possible, download the Good Charlotte video for "Hold On". The whole video is based on suicide and the effects of it, and it states facts and figures. A very good video.

And that song is part of the reason I'm still alive! Believe it or not...
    str82hell Posts: 30, Reputation: 5

Oct 8, 2007, 11:46 PM
    I don't have any specific documented case to speak of, but when I am thinking about killing myself sometimes - as crazy as this seems - songs about suicide help to calm me down. Its like a way of venting what I feel in a world that is so judgemental of it. It shows me someone understands where I am, and they found a way to put things that is acceptable to the general public's scrutinous eye.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Was it suicide or murder? [ 21 Answers ]

Since the psychics who've responded to my questions on this forum have been so very helpful, I'd like to ask you to help me out one last time on something much more important than anything I've asked to date: Did my sister-in-law really commit suicide as the coroner's office has reported to us, or...

On suicide [ 3 Answers ]

Is it normal to from time to time think about death or suicide? With all the problems the world have, do people think and say" is not worth it, might as well get it over with"? I mean we all have our ups and downs

Suicide?! [ 5 Answers ]

I'm so depressed and I feel like no one will be able to help me. :( I so badly want to end my life but I don't know if I will end up killing myself or not. I AM SO CONFUSED!! :confused: Will I really end up actually killing myself or will I pull through?

Suicide [ 26 Answers ]

I know that this probably is not the correct fourm for this, but I know that it is a highly answered forum so I hope you don't mind me posting my question here, but I am in desperate need of advice. My friend tried to commit suicide on Thursday night last, she was my best friend for a few years...

Abuse and suicide [ 16 Answers ]

I'm 18, I was sexually abused by my dad for a long time. It wasn't just my dad but his friends. My mum knew about this and did nothing and it is never spoke of. I can't bring myself to tell anyone about this! The feelings have got worse as I have just found out my dad has died, I lost contact...

View more questions Search